Zips1991
Members-
Posts
817 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
23
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Zips1991
-
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Akron up from #18 to #12 in this week's Coaches Poll...Syracuse at #25 and Creighton at #6. Also, upcoming opponent Xavier (Oct. 24) is up to #18. https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/ -
Syracuse at Akron, Tue. Oct 6
Zips1991 replied to ZippyRulz's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Preview from GoZips.com: https://gozips.com/news/2026/10/5/mens-soccer-set-to-battle-syracuse "The matchup marks the first time both teams have met since the 2018 NCAA Tournament, where the Zips defeated the Orange, 3-1, in the second round as part of their magical run to their second-ever College Cup final." Note from me: It was actually their 4th College Cup final (1986, 2009, 2010, 2018) -
2025-26 Post Mortem and Looking Ahead to 2026-27
Zips1991 replied to Zippy87's topic in Akron Zips Basketball
I think what we need is for them both to commit to LSU, then re-file in Louisiana, get granted eligibility by a judge there, and then re-commit to Akron. -
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
In this week's College Soccer News poll, Akron stays at #10, while Syracuse is receiving votes and Creighton is at #5. https://collegesoccernews.com/college-soccer-news-mens-soccer-week-7-top-25-poll-kansas-city-and-creighton-break-into-top-5/ -
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
In the updated RPI as of this morning, Akron is #14 while this week's opponents are #21 (Syracuse) and #17 (Creighton). https://rpiupdatemenssoccer.blogspot.com/?m=1 -
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Tomorrow's opponent (Syracuse) is up to #14. -
It's beginning to feel like there's no way for us to compete at the FBS level in today's college athletics environment.
-
Well, that was the last thing we needed in a game like this. Gotta make them maintain a long drive, not give them a TD on a QB draw.
-
There we go!
-
I suppose that's true 😆 but we've at least had some decent plays. Just shooting ourselves in the foot.
-
This CMU offense is so bad. We gotta get some offense going and get a lead.
-
On the MAC availability report that is released an hour before the game, Poffenbarger and Broughton are both listed as out.
-
Based on my limited research and legal understanding, it appears that Oriol is currently eligible but Mahaffey is not. Is that right?
-
I obviously can't keep up because I thought they were already ineligible and we were waiting to see if they would be ruled eligible. I guess it was the opposite.
-
I still don't think our attack was all that effective but it was a little better. Sears looked very good today and nice to see Remi get two goals. Akron controlled the match the entire way and got an easy road conference win so it's a good win!
-
I don't think there's lights.
-
Preview from GoZips.com: https://gozips.com/news/2026/10/1/mens-soccer-heads-to-windy-city-to-take-on-depaul Early kickoff (4 pm EST). Obviously we need this one to get things going in the Big East standings.
-
It's really in no condition to host anything other than what is does. Even when we have bigger basketball crowds, it's impossible to get in and out of the general admission seats because there's no enough aisles, etc.
-
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Zips fall from #17 to #18 in the Coaches Poll: https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/ Akron also is up to #15 in the RPI as of today: https://rpiupdatemenssoccer.blogspot.com/ Our rankings are remaining in a good spot, but we need to get going in Big East play before we get in danger of missing the Top 4 who qualify for the Big East tournament. Other Big East teams in Coaches Poll top 25: Georgetown (3), Creighton (#4), and Xavier (#25). -
I hope that's right. I heard on the radio (after I left the game early 🤷♂️) that he would be out "a couple of weeks" but it wasn't clear if that included the UNLV game or not.
-
I've been expecting a win in this game due to CMU's lack of passing offense which will (hopefully) prevent them from taking advantage of our biggest weakness (DBs). However, I'm less confident now after the Broughton injury and Roggow struggles last week. Vegas has CMU as 5.5 points favorites.
-
Stefan Dobrijevic is on the bench for Austin FC tonight with a possibility to make his MLS debut.
-
I'm not sure what the point of a press conference is if you're not gonna ask about a QB injury.
