Jump to content

Zips1991

Members
  • Posts

    821
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

Everything posted by Zips1991

  1. Outstanding use of the Open Cup to make his case for more playing time!
  2. There's always eligibility left if only you know where to look.
  3. If I had to guess, it will be posted later in the day to YouTube but not streamed live.
  4. Hopefully this will keep him on the radar for another two-way deal (at the very least) next year. I believe players can sign two-way deals their first three years in the NBA. After that, things may get harder for him. But if he can land in a good spot for next year, where he can get some real playing time, he can prove himself and get a full-time contract.
  5. Finished with 13 points (career high) and 7 rebounds in 26 minutes.
  6. 9 points and 3 rebounds at halftime in 12 minutes played.
  7. Based on my own quick research, Akron softball's all-time best MAC record is 23-5 in 1998. Second most is 19 wins in 1997. With 9 MAC games left, 23 wins might be tough, but 19 is certainly in play. Also, not sure if they've ever finished first in the regular season, but they did win the East division in 1998 and 2002. There's no divisions anymore, of course.
  8. If we land him in addition to Staveskie, we are well and truly back.
  9. I saw on Twitter that it ended in a 1-1 draw with Louisville winning on PKs 7-6. Overall, I think it was a good spring with three wins and two draws, plus the offense is looking good which can sometimes take time to get going. Looking forward to the fall!
  10. Do we have any ZN members on-site at the match today?
  11. I am actually interested if we keep the streak of adding one player from Ohio State each season. 😂
  12. His stats at previous stops were way better than any stats Sharron has put up to this point. I like Sharron and hope he can stay but there's no reason to think he's better than an incoming player who has better stats just because we like him. By the way, the Southland and Horizon League were the two conferences directly behind the MAC in conference NET Rankings last year, so it's not like he was playing at a drastically lower level for the past 3 seasons.
  13. Seems like a very solid pickup!
  14. Seems like a move to scramble and hold onto some goodwill. Probably a compromise between the coaches and the athletic department more broadly.
  15. My understanding is Akron doesn't want a home and home with either. We only want to play them at home.
  16. Probably thought he was going to play in Athens, Greece instead of Ohio. Sad mistake.
  17. So I'm guessing the three-game deal with Bucknell is two homes games and a road game? I'm honestly a little surprised we are playing them on the road but I guess it's fine.
  18. I don't know but I would assume it has to do with the UFL using Historic Crew Stadium for their new football team. They don't play there this weekend but they did last weekend and maybe they don't want to scrub the paint off the field or something. I'm just guessing. I know the Crew 2 team also has moved games from Historic Crew Stadium to the new Crew stadium, or in one case, even to a stadium in Obetz, Ohio.
  19. Maybe they denied everyone and they're just going to choose current employees. 🤣
  20. Maybe they're shooting for more casual fans, since that's who they likely want to attract. But also, I guess casual fans probably wouldn't commit the time required for meetings.
  21. I know the portal is only barely open but I'm growing impatient and want to see us start signing some guys. 😅
  22. Didn't happen, even though they were down 20 or more for basically the entire 4th quarter. 😑
  23. Unsurprisingly, the softball went well and the baseball is not going well.
  24. I haven't seen the final standings anywhere. Did we miss out on making the championship match because of the penalty shootout loss to Ohio State?
  25. Minnesota has several players out tonight for rest and minor injuries, so I'd expect Enrique may see some time tonight also.
×
×
  • Create New...