Jump to content

zippy5

Members
  • Posts

    8,127
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    141

Everything posted by zippy5

  1. The Athletic is run by James Mirtle and has the same format as DK Pittsburgh Sports which has been very successful by any measure. I would expect the Athletic to be even Better, Mirtle is a smart smart guy.
  2. No no no. A 6'10" guy driving to the hoop is a guard's dream on help defense
  3. People are asking for Hughes but I think he has about 9 shot attempts this year and 7 of them have been blocked. He needs work on his post moves. Redshirt probably would have been for the best in hindsight.
  4. Now I've had time to get over it. My takeaways: Our two losses took the opposition's A+ game while we shot pretty terribly each game. If that's what it takes, so be it. We played bad. Dumb shots in that KSU run out of the half.. I think we had 4 straight possessions taking a jumper in transition before a pass. Not a good way to end a run. That said, maybe we needed this. Preferably it wouldn't have been to Kent.. But maybe they needed to take a punch before the MAC tourney. We'll see. Also - Utomi needs 20 minutes a night. Maybe Josh needs a little more run too, hope he's healthy. I think his shot is coming around, and he is looking like one of our better defenders.
  5. I meant that towards casual fans when I said if they aren't hardcore fans. I was pissed, myself I brought my dad and my brother and they had a good time and were impressed
  6. I think anyone that attended tonight and didn't have a good time has some problems. If they aren't hardcore fans, they saw a great rivalry game in a packed house. Nothing small time about it
  7. Ehhh 4/10 rant you can do better
  8. I didn't mind it. Plan A was obviously a quick two earlier but it didn't pan out. I'd give it to Kwan every time if we need a 3 to stay alive. Okay maybe Utomi. Has he missed in this calendar year?
  9. Well crap. 3 points in the first 8 minutes out of half probably wasn't the recipe for success
  10. I'll take a 20 point blow out, thank you very much.
  11. Wow! GT with the hard hitting facts before the big game.
  12. Also we'd be the 1st 13 seed at large ever
  13. Why is this turd still around
  14. Make it happen if we can get some BB games out of it. Maybe 3-4 a year, with a st amount of MAC home games. Rotate among the top 4 finishers (otherwise it's be UCONN @ UA every year, which of course is fine by me).. Get creative. As for the road trips. We'd be moving towards a big boy conference, that happens. OSU doesn't play every game within their own state, their fans survive. I think it'd be a net benefit - if and only if we get some BB games out of it.
  15. You like the free throw contest?
  16. On the other hand, this takes the game more toward an NBA style. I like CBB much more than the NBA.
  17. 8* it's 4 fouls, then the bonus. So you get two extra fouls to give compared to how it is. I'm not sure how much difference it will end up making. Big Dog would have had a couple extra attempts last night
  18. I get the thinking. That's why KD makes a lot more than me to coach. But if this keeps up into the tourney it's gotta change
  19. I get the thinking. That's why KD makes a lot more than me to coach. But if this keeps up into the tourney it's gotta change
  20. I thought he was back on his horse after a nice game at the line last game. But he can't be in there on possessions where they're likely to foul.
  21. You and akzipper missed a good one
  22. You'd think they haven't won 15 of these already this year
  23. He usually does a good job of adjusting at half and doing his thing in the 2nd. Let's hope!
  24. Not all 11s are at-larges. We could play ourselves up to an 11 and still be an auto-bid
×
×
  • Create New...