Jump to content

zipsfan33

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zipsfan33

  1. Bad call on the trick play... I love trick plays, but where were they prior to K*nt game?
  2. I think the ref's read the script wrong...Its Akron that is supposed to get hammered with all these tic-tac calls!
  3. I really do feel good about next year!!! Bring on Sept. 2013!!! 9-14-13 Upset win over Meechigan!!! Heard it hear first!!!
  4. Hey akzipper.... come on man negativity here too???
  5. 3rd and 18 from the 2 and he gets 24???? Come on
  6. Soft defense all of a sudden...and now a TD boooooo
  7. Cubit led the Broncos to 29 wins from 2005 through 2008, the second best total over a four-season stretch in school history. Six of his players were selected in NFL drafts, including Green Bay Packers receiver Louis Delmas, Detroit safety Louis Delmas and Lions tight end Tony Scheffler. Huh???
  8. Nice job Wally... It will get better no doubt!
  9. I still believe. I won't quit on my city or my school. Ever. Our day will come. GO ZIPS! Well Said '82. I spoke with my father a huge Zips fan and STH since 1964. He mentioned something that I feel has not been said... We gotta give credit to UMass. Those guys have faught hard all year undermanned, undersized, and were expected to be whipping boys. They played hard, didnt give up and deserved this win. He also said that after Coach Bowden got the kids up for all those other games, they just didn't have anything left to give. The Zips were tired, jumping offsides constantly, not taking advantage of bad field position. Should they have won this game... and going away, but they didn't and thats why games are not played on paper. I still believe in TB. I am not happy right now, but I am proud of this team and the way they played (almost) all year. I think that next year we need to figure out special teams (finding a returner, just kicking the ball deep and not worrying about a 50 yard return) and using some better defensive schemes. I am sick about hearing about 1AA or FCS or whatever its called now. Akron will get better but, it is going to be a "process" whether or not you like it. Go Zips!
  10. He is pretty good... Last I checked, Peyton Manning wasn't real mobile either. Not that DW13 is anything like Peyton...just saying. Im just glad we have something exciting to watch because the last 3+ years have hurt...bad!!!!
  11. This morning I tried to park near the JAR and the university has already shut both lots next to the JAR down for his visit. A little too early for my mind. Gee, You would think the President of the United States is coming....oh wait! What are the odds he may be looking for a college transcript or two?
  12. Coach Bowden gets it...I spoke with him at the Zips Trivia event and asked him straight up, "Do you know the importance of K #$% week?" He replied, I know and I can't wait to show them what we have!' Of course, no one knew 6 months ago that we wouldn't have much left..
  13. I remember as freshman in high school (Ellet) we played East there... I was standing on the sidelines (all I ever did) and was in awe... I was finally "playing" on the field I had been attending for years!
  14. Zesty, I started going with my dad in 1985! He has had season tickets since 1964...imagine how he feels! Growing up, the Zips were all I knew!
  15. Its a blank green screen when I click on it.
  16. Talk about things for a man cave... look at all the signs that have been ripped off the facing of the entrance way. Wow!
  17. Tons of trash littered all over pressbox side.
  18. Thank you so much Dr. Z...lets see how it goes! Keener... I know all about wanting things for a man cave.... what I saw Saturday is an embarrassment to humans!
  19. Well... i tried to upload others and all others said the file size is too large... no clue how shrink the size... pictures were taken with a regular cannon powershot... any ideas?
  20. Here is one pic of the Bowl I promised... still figuring out how to operate on this forum...so lets hope it works.
  21. Good luck with that... you can see where all the external signs have been ripped down and taken. The retired Jason Taylor #33 is also gone. The lower "Zips Team Store" had been broken into and there were hundreds of old roo dollars and Zips Game Day magazines laying on the ground. It doesnt appear there is much left to take. The Larson and Dennison signs are still intact near the tunnel as is the Angeloff #89 but they are huge. It is in real sad shape. I will try to upload some pics tonight.
  22. After Saturdays game I took a drive to the Rubber bowl and took some pictures. That place is in shambles! The entire press box windows have been shattered, there is debris thrown all about the seating bowl. Vandals have been running wild in there no doubt...plus the lower gate was wide open. I am going to say that there is NO WAY we will see football in that place ever again!
  23. Yeah, but lets hope he didn't play in the California Penal League
  24. Spin, They are WAY better than Ohio U... Should set things up for a heck of a MAC Championship game!
×
×
  • Create New...