Jump to content

zipsfan33

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zipsfan33

  1. Phil Ferguson and the big, blue, scoreboard....oh wait wrong guy! Well I hope he can catch because he can run!!!
  2. Jalil with an INT in game one loss!
  3. From the article, "The university hired him to replace Ron Ianello in December." I wish We had Ron... we might have had a few more wins!
  4. I certainly hope that Head Coach Steve Thonn doesn't send out a text regarding Mr. Lemon... to Mr. Lemon!!! lol
  5. Hey Newzipsfan, "5. I would bet my dog that we will have at least a 7-5 record in 2013." How old is your dog and what kind is it???
  6. Fan: "The umpire, its Enrico Palazzo!" Crowd: "Enrico Palazzo, Enrico Pallazo, Enrico Palazo!" RIP Leslie Nielson!
  7. I'd love to see JT come in for a game... He needs to be honored and apprieciated for all the hard work he put in with Akron... If I recall when he played we werent so good back then... Mike Junko anyone??? Brian Magrell???
  8. Yeah Im suprised the Headline isn't "Spring Football Without Brian Wagner Playing LB for the Zips" Wow that was a lot indeed!
  9. It still burns me that the Browns couldn't find talent in Mr. Blackburn when he was an UFA. Errrrrr
  10. I wish they did an ad with Hixson and Blackburn in it and saying Go Giants from your U of A family!
  11. Darrell Hazell @ Akron whaaaaaaaat!!! Thats a horrible mistake! I'll take TB over him any day!
  12. Sounds like an awesome event. I cant wait to hear more about it!
  13. Born in Akron 1979 Ellet High School '98 U of A Elementary Education '03 U of A Educational Administration '10 Father STH Football 1965-2009 Basketball 1965-current STH football 1988-current sec. 212 row 1
  14. I am so glad that you threw in that he MAY play. I do not know know if I have ever seen a player with so many injuries and hang around for so long... I wish him well and always root for local Akron guys! I am glad he has stuck it out!
  15. Good for him... Now maybe the Dadgum Zips have a better shot on Thurs. Aug. 30!
  16. If we are talking radio stations I have to give the nod to The Fan... Kiley and Booms just kill me! I realize its basically a who can one up the other with their ridicolous comments, but they are a lot of fun. I don't get to listen to Baskin and Phelps but they seem to just tell it like it is and are pretty good at that. The Bull and the Fox are growing on me for sure, but they are far from my favorites. I have pretty much completely wiped WKNR off my map and other than the Zips same for 1350!
  17. Sorry... he had to reschedule...errrrrr
  18. COach Bowden will be on with Munch! I am sure they will put it up as a downloadable clip later in the day. Its a weak station so most of us dont get it. I have it on my computer!
  19. Last night Steve French mentioned Ricky Powers interviewing for the RB job... Also any word on special teams? Could alsways bring back JD!! lol
  20. +1 Love Van Hagar... I mean Sammy Hagar! The book is a wild ride indeed!
  21. I'm excited about the hire, I just worry that he is 65 and hasn't coached for 2 years because of illness. Could that 2 years be enough to take some of the game away from him? I hope not, but at his age and being sick it really sticks in the back of my head!
  22. I love it... Is it me or does he look a little more plump than he used to? I hope he loses a few lbs...cause he is going to endure some stressful times at UA! Go Zips !
  23. I fully understand this. As a lifelong fan and one who grew up to my dads stories of how good a runner he was, I was so hopeful he would come back and lead us to a fairytale ending. But that ending came crashing down yesterday. I just hope that TW doesn't rush out and pick someone else who isn't ready for the job. I will back the new coach like I did Ianello (until about game 5 this year) and look forward to bigger and better things.
  24. Anyone but Wags... he is our only marketable player! Poot!
  25. Can't recall if they had a similar meet-and-greet with Ianello? I seriously doubt it... he doesn't like people...Did you forget already?
×
×
  • Create New...