zipsfan33
Members-
Posts
433 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by zipsfan33
-
Great Follow up Promotion for the UNLV Game!
zipsfan33 replied to Captain Kangaroo's topic in Akron Zips Football
This is amazing, but is anyone gonna tell Marty? He has no idea! 🙂 -
Game Two (Robert Morris) Thoughts - 2026
zipsfan33 replied to catdaddyp's topic in Akron Zips Football
Even the 1 punt for 27 yards?? -
You didn't hear this from me, but that's the plan to do it again!
-
and they turned the volume up to an 11...holy cow was it loud. I know i sound like an old man complaining, but numerous times we just stopped talking to wait for the music or announcers to finish.
-
Marty had a blast. He was completely blown away by the press, the fans, the team, and the coaching staff. He found a few minutes between being interviewed by dozens of outfits once his headset was taken away and his post game press conference to come up and sit with Charlie and I. It was a great experience and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. He was the best man at my wedding, so I know him pretty well. However, if anyone can tell us why the Arby's was written upside down on his hat, you will win a prize!
-
Game One (Wake Forest) Thoughts - 2026
zipsfan33 replied to catdaddyp's topic in Akron Zips Football
I'm still bummed they stopped the radio show 2 years ago. -
Or....Ace Ventura delivered it! Alrighty then!
-
Marty has been coming to the games with me since the nineties. He got season tickets a few years before the Info opened. There are three of us that grew up in Ellet and then went to UA and attended the games. This is so cool!
- 188 replies
-
- 11
-
-
I didn't get a call, but my buddy Marty did. We have attended games together since back in 1998 as freshmen at UA.
-
But look at all the fans in the stands..... They showed out~
-
this loss was bad, don't recall many shutouts....for me that will always be iCoach going for 2 and losing to a IAA team in OT.
-
Preseason 2025 Projected Depth Chart and Thoughts
zipsfan33 replied to catdaddyp's topic in Akron Zips Football
Shes currently on the injured list after falling at a WNBA game earlier in the summer...Red Panda! She's awesome! -
He used to be one of the best. I guess there is a reason he was replaced in Cleveland.
-
Only time I ever gambled was 2 or three years ago when they were at 3.5 and I bet the over...... doh!!! That $8.50 would have made a huge difference
-
Sounds very optimistic and all, but I'd say chances are he's at another school by then. If I don't laugh, I'll cry.... man loyalty means nothing anymore.
- 4 replies
-
- akron zips
- football
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
For a little clarity, Buffalo joined in 1998 and we joined in 1992. How long until they overtake us in wins?
-
Game 12 (Week 14) vs Toledo - 7pm EST (TV - ESPN2)
zipsfan33 replied to catdaddyp's topic in Akron Zips Football
I guess i missed it getting food. I never heard the announcements though, bummer. Thanks Mark. -
Game 12 (Week 14) vs Toledo - 7pm EST (TV - ESPN2)
zipsfan33 replied to catdaddyp's topic in Akron Zips Football
Does anyone know why they didn't honor any of the seniors this year? -
How often has this ever happened? I would think if it did happen a lot of the guys and coaches maybe(???) would think bad of them for wanting to leave and possibly make it tougher on them. Just a thought, maybe its too old school to think that way?
-
And he DIDN'T win MVP because by the time he had his 2nd pick 6, the voting had already taken place!
-
Did anyone notice that #11 and a coach had a shoving match on the sidelines? Joemo came over and spoke to #11 and then the player and coach hugged it out. Anyone notice? I'm thinking it was mid 4th quarter.
-
I've seen pictures put out by the university. What exactly is that? I'm guessing a big donor program...
-
Wow week 7 and this will only be WMU's 2nd home game.....
-
They have been a radio sponsor for as long as I can remember. That song gets stuck in my head.
