Jump to content

zipsfan33

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zipsfan33

  1. Let us not forget the 3 game suspensions of Tree and Harney Games 1-3 that were handed down the morning of the Coastal Carolina Game! Yikes!
  2. Frenchy's wife is named Marsha. So knowing that, the call made sense to me.
  3. I am going to hope that he was quoting Mr. Belushi from Animal House!
  4. Parker, it was a good read. I just have a hard time seeing their dream coming to life. The one thing that jumped out at me was the comment about suites. There currently aren't any and the article said they wanted to add to the existing. Where and how would they be built?
  5. Well they obviously have money to waste...
  6. There were contractors trucks spotted at the Rubber Bowl this afternoon. Maybe this will happen after-all? I still will believe it when i see it!
  7. I don't know much about him, but he seemed like a good guy.
  8. Let's not forget this weak UMass team will be stronger than what they were last year when the crushed us at home 22-14... it was a crushing defeat!
  9. Spin you are killing me man! Here is a quote from the USFL website from Feb. 11, 2013 "The USFL and its development partner have identified and secured the first five of these markets and plan to begin construction on stadiums to seat up to 20,000 fans in time for the league’s inaugural season, which is scheduled to kick off in the spring of 2014. The markets include locations in Southern California, Texas, Louisiana and Alabama. Additionally, the USFL has made significant strides toward bringing a team to Ohio, and has been working closely with multiple other cities to ensure that it reaches its goal of securing teams in eight markets for its debut season." Nothing has been officially named in Ohio and or Portland. http://www.theusfl.net/press-02_11_13.php
  10. Except they do NOT own a franchise yet. The league has not named Akron yet.
  11. I've been sleeping on this... Who hires a head coach and GM before there is even a team? I think the more I hear about this venture the more doomed it becomes. I never saw it happening and I really don't see it now!
  12. "They may also want to add more suites." More? Can someone tell me where the existing ones are so that they can add more?
  13. Its the day after Thanksgiving...They almost always play those at 10-11-12 in the morning.
  14. Michigan seats are more than OSU seats. I looked into it. 85 bucks Dont know if there will be a discount thru Akron ticket window...I doubt it
  15. At least its a evenly distributed schedule this year. I could get used to coming down every other week... Lets see if the Browns can filter in on the Zips away weeks schedule...is that too much to ask?
  16. How about something almost double the size (6000 seats) of the Covelli Centre in Youngstown?
  17. As long as he isn't betting on his team I say who cares!!!
  18. I love it... University of Akron Kangaroos! Hmmm what great marketing ideas that could spur!
  19. Who says they will win? As long as its not Ianellos stupid defensive scoring rules.... We could have a tie!
  20. Who says they will win? As long as its not Ianellos stupid defensive scoring rules.... We could have a tie!
  21. Hopefully, the MAC won't ban those teams as some of them count on that one win a year!
  22. Cincy, Did you get any pictures? When is construction set to begin? Did they mention anything about the closed end sinking? Will they tarp it? Will they give tours? Is there anything left of worth for a man-cave lets say? lol
  23. There are certainly trees growing up through the cracks. You can even see them in the summer when you drive by on Triplett BLVD. They are skinny maples...
  24. 1. The league has a deal in place with a real estate company to build housing and a Stadium in 5 of 8 markets. 2. They looked into renting the Info, but UA officials demanded that they ran, and in turn, got all concession profits.
  25. If you read the article, you will see that the league is building stadiums and going to provide housing for its players/ coaches. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the UA players hate the Rubber Bowl because it was so far away from campus? There is no place to build housing close to the bowl here so history will repeat itself. Also, if the league is building new state of the art stadiums how in the world can Akron compete? No matter what you do to the 75 year old Rubber Bowl it isn't going to be a nice, new, attractive 20,000 seat venue! I see this a giant epic fail long before it ever begins!! Sad! I was really hoping to go and sit in "my" seats again!
×
×
  • Create New...