Jump to content

zipsfan33

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zipsfan33

  1. Ah Of course Clayton Moore was the Lone Ranger... Cool I love it! Hiopefully he wines the battle and we can really market him!!! Hope he stays out of trouble!!
  2. What does the Lone Ranger have to do with the Zips? I am confused!
  3. How many of you are going to renew (if you are season ticket holders)? IS anyone gonna buy in that isn't? And has anyone jumped the gun and sent in their renwals already because they are SOOOOOO excited to see what some call football?
  4. JD had the biggest win no doubt, but he also had some of the worst losses. I am not sure Faust knew what he was doing when he took over a IAA program that was transitioning. Owens had the most athletic teams, sadly that didn't always pan out but they seemed to have a little talent on both sides of the ball, including good special teams where as JD "the Special Teams Coordinator" always seemed to get worse and worse.
  5. Why do I go to football games? Well lets go back in time a little bit... My father served in Vietnam and when he was done settled in Akron, Ohio. He is a huge sports fan and decided since he lived less than 5 minutes from the Rubber Bowl to buy season tickets in 1966. Fast forward to 1987 when I attended my first game...The Acme Zip game... big crowd, fireworks, parachuters, etc. Since that day I have missed maybe 10 games total and as bad as things are I am proud as ever to wear my jersey, hat, hoodie or whatever it takes. Yes I graduated in 2003 and am currently attending for my post grad work, but I have paid for my season ticket since the day I turned 18 and didn't get in for a child rate. We had the best seats (in my opinion) at the Bowl up under the press box so we were covered from the rain and snow. I am very impressed with our location at the Info 40 yard line row 1 of the upper deck! I LOVE football and while it may not be great football, it is my beloved Akron Zips!
  6. My guess is the 16 yard line!!!
  7. Isn't there stand up comedy everytime the Zips take the field anymore?
  8. Another old adage from my comic hero Stan Laurel: "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead!"
  9. Question is... how long until the basketball team is offering $5 dollar tickets... Mid-Dec. if they keep losing players!!!!
  10. Fitting, but like we were going to one anyways...
  11. Is there a better call than Steve's in the Western Michigan game??? I'll never forget that... i was at a Lake Erie Monsters game and my dad and I just returned to the car fired up 1350 just as the kickoff was made... wow talk about excitement!!!
  12. He is correct in saying that. We need to fix major areas of concern, not minor tweaks. IMO, we need to fix the offensive line play, defensive secondary and the wide receiver group. Those three areas have been grading below average each week. We need them to improve before we start to scheme against other teams. I hope practices are focused on such problem areas. Oh I tottaly agree... Ive had season tickets to this Akron team since 1990 and while we have seen some bad teams... I really think this is the worst one I have seen over 3 games by far. Its not a quick fix, but it needs a major rehaul for sure!
  13. I think we beat GW with Manning... Remember, I said "I think". I agree. In fact, I will go one step further and say "pretty sure" OK OK With Peyton Manning we probably could have yes...what was I thinking?? I on the other hand 100% doubt it. Peyton would have been crippled by now with our drunken style of O-line play. My favorite line from ICoach's Monday night coach's show on 1350 " I'm not worried about Indiana, I'm worried about Akron and fixing what's wrong with Akron!" I assume he means the football team?????
  14. I think we beat GW with Manning... Remember, I said "I think". I agree. In fact, I will go one step further and say "pretty sure" OK OK With Peyton Manning we probably could have yes...what was I thinking??
  15. It was said best long ago on this topic...wait until conference play to see what we have. It's true PN7 has not looked good at all, but he isn't throwing INT's (Browns QBs). So if this contines 2 or 3 games into the MAC campaign then by all means pull him! However, Akron is going nowhere and Matt Rodgers, PN7, or Peyton Manning is not gonna save this team!
  16. It is funny I was only kidding when I said he should be ashamed... I don't think it was the right time to do it, but yes, it is funny! Whoever took that picture of the sucker punch did a great job... its perfect!
  17. As a former Mascot.. I am ashamed at the Ohio U mascot for doing this. He said from day 1 when he tried out this was his master plan to tackle Brutus in front of everyone! I was a mascot for 3 years...in Akron but not as Zippy (does that give it away?) Sometime Mascots have a planned fight (i.e. Zippy and the flush) but this is really uncalled for Columbus U or not!
  18. It'll be none other than Andy Alleman. Link Awesome, Too bad his NFL days are over.. he was mentioned on national TV a few times as a quality backup!
  19. I'm gonna miss Mr. Notre Dame! He really grew into the role as a color man...but he was WAY to optimistic..
  20. Wow, I am not going to pick on Lemon, but I have to say this one is on the coach! I was shocked when I saw this and personally I do not understand why they wouldn't "talk" about this matter. It certainly is not something that shoulda been dealt with over a text anyway. I agree with the strike one call someone posted earlier!
  21. Well, come on... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict a losing season especially with the clowns we had running the sidelines! Good job on the 2005 season though!
  22. I see Jason Sekinger is on the roster. Will he be able to play this year? I know he sat out all of the season this year. What a shame we can't use his girth more!
  23. Still only 1 Punter (Campbell) and I am glad to see a 3rd name in the PK department... Lord knows we need help in these areas!
×
×
  • Create New...