Jump to content

zipsfan33

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zipsfan33

  1. Can someone PLEASE tell these guys to just stop already. Bigtime pro wrestling isnt going to come to the Rubber Bowl. Big concert acts....please. There is no promoter who is going to take a chance on a building that hasn't hosted a concert since 2001. Heck the Zips couldn't draw 15,000 how is a (low) minor league team gonna draw anyone? A restaurant overlooking the field???? WHaaaaaat?!!!!
  2. Yes, the Zips $75 seats are in the corner of the end zone. An Akron official showed me a map of the seating today. Is this down close to the field? I wish I had known that there were going to be cheap seats. I looked on Stubhub and ebay back in june, but what was there was expensive. Oh well, its ONLY $75 bucks!
  3. I have been to all three OSU/ Zip games and I was sitting in this approximate spot all three times. I don't remember much other than: 1. It was 100 degrees at all three 2. We had a 400 pound plus guy in our row which made the tight bleacher seating even tighter at the 3-2 halftime game. 3. Seatbacks are not allowed unless you are a season ticket holder and "buy" them
  4. What should be more importantly noticed is the availability of Michigan tickets priced from 35- 50 bucks when I had to pay 75 for mine! Darn it!
  5. So you're saying there's a chance?
  6. I was wondering why Jaime Cuadra was let go as President. Very interesting!
  7. I guess I remember DB1 a little differently... Dont get me wrong, I liked DB1 He did have some good catches and i see the Can't grab is first on the montage, but I remember he had a ton of drops as well. Enough that a casual fan friend that I took one time mentioned it and it stuck with me the rest of his short career.
  8. You mean the same Bowser that couldn't catch a cold? Although he did have a big catch in a Can't win on the road if I recall!?!
  9. Does anyone remember the last year of the Rubber Bowl the on field mic crew started chants and said they wanted to carry them over into the Info. Z-I-P-S... never did it at the new places.. Personally I liked Z- I- P- S, Zips, Zips, Zips!
  10. Fleming... again? No way he makes it past Summer camp healthy. He hasn't in his last 8 years why believe he will this year? I hope he does, but Ive seen this movie far to many times!
  11. I bought my Michigan tickets today! Yeah!!! I'm ready for some football!!!
  12. Rubber Bowl Update 6/30/13: Drove by today the George Washington gate was open and 2 SUVs and one car were parked near gate. One SUV was inside the stadium at the closed end parked at the concession stand. Either they were looking for hot dogs, or they were prepping and getting the stands ready for the season! (sarcasm) Trees are still growing abound in the place! All the pressbox windows are still shattered and the benches are still laying on the bleachers. However, I did see a posted "No Trespassing" sign!
  13. I understand there is Twitter language then there is that... Whaaaat!???? I wouldn't read too much into it, heck, I cant even read it! lol
  14. Rubber Bowl Update: Upon driving by to watch the Warbird airplanes roll into Akron Muni Monday, I witnessed the main gates open and a minivan backed into the old player tunnel. It would appear that at this rate the bleachers will be painted and the new press box installed and the retractable roof added by Spring 4714! P.S. There are now 2 port-a-potties sitting outside the gates! Woo-hoo!
  15. 1998 the year I started my first of 2 degrees at Akron. Fun times.
  16. Bummer... iknew it would never happen but still the tease factor had me!
  17. Dalton is essentially an unathletic Charlie Frye...and if Frye can make it 4/5 years in the NFL I don't see why DW13 can't make it was a #3 QB
  18. Found this Friday: http://www.ohio.com/news/local/ua-marketin...r-bowl-1.400206 "Sean Mason, president of Team 1 Marketing, said the company will invest as much as $35 million to remake the bowl for what he hopes will be a U.S. Football League franchise." Ummm I think someone needs to let Mr. Mason know that the league has apparently gone belly-up! Oops!
  19. Meanwhile, I drove by the Rubber Bowl last week and there was a full dumpster and a porta-potty near the old entrance gate!
  20. I was looking for the USFL website and it has apparently gone dead. http://www.theusfl.net The USFL Twitter site hasnt posted anything since March 26. https://twitter.com/TheUSFL Shocking I'm about to say this but... looks like its dead before it could even start to rise.
  21. Romo who and his 125 million dollar contract!
  22. Lots of mistakes in there. What an embarrassment. I saw somewhere where Pohl is a redshirt freshman...wow that would be cool!
  23. How about Dylan? How soon we forget! Better numbers in many cases than Getsy... Transfers who come in and play just a year often do not make much of a difference... lets hope we change that!
  24. Chase is a great pro. He will do well in Carolina's defensive scheme.
  25. Didn't all of Ali Karts shots rim out? Lol
×
×
  • Create New...