2011 offers

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He actually had no stars on rivals. I just looked him up. He isnt listed on Ball States class either.

The 3-star rating is from ESPN.

I stand corrected. If the "stars" thing goes anywhere beyond Sneetches, I admit I'm probably not the best resource.

What's interesting with ESPN's ratings is that they are usually very different than Scout and Rivals, which usually line up pretty well. It gives you a different perspective on our recruits. Someone who might not be rated on Scout/Rivals might be a top MAC recruit according to ESPN. In fact, they have OT Andrew Bohan as our best recruit, while he is barely mentioned on the traditional recruiting sites.

That blasted Paterno!! :mad_flame: The next time I see him, I'm going to spray oil on the grips of his walker! :rock:

Heard the next kicker prospect on the list is from Cincinnati...guess we'll see what happens next.

It's hard to predict. Apparently it's very difficult to find a kicker for the college level. Nevermind that it seems like every team in the country from the BCS all the way down to D-III can find one that is more consistent than ours were.

It's hard to predict. Apparently it's very difficult to find a kicker for the college level. Nevermind that it seems like every team in the country from the BCS all the way down to D-III can find one that is more consistent than ours were.
Since we have had two NFL'ers since I have followed the team, I don't buy it for an second. Derr & Alcorn. Both recruited to kick in the Rubber Bowl too.

Since we have had two NFL'ers since I have followed the team, I don't buy it for an second. Derr & Alcorn. Both recruited to kick in the Rubber Bowl too.

Zac was the last reliable kicker we had. His wife Hilary is a former Zips Dance team member.

Zac Derr

On Wednesday, the Rev. Zac Derr was named pastor at the Wadsworth campus. Derr, a former University of Akron football standout, and his wife, Hilary, live in Wadsworth with their two children — Jillian ''Davy,'' 3, and Andrea, 1.

Derr, 31, began attending the Chapel while at the university and became involved in the college ministry. During his junior year, while studying emergency management, he felt God calling him to the ministry. After completing his undergraduate degree, he took a detour into the world of professional and semi-professional football, trying out for the Dallas Cowboys and the Atlanta Falcons and landing positions in the Arena Football League.

His last attempt to venture into the pros, in Atlanta, ended in 2006 with an injury during the first day of training camp. He came back to Akron and returned to the Chapel, working full time with young married couples and earning a graduate degree in religion from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He most recently served as family pastor at the Chapel, overseeing the children's, youth, marriage and family ministries.

We actually had a string of great kickers in the 80s - Graham, Heckman, Klaus, Dombrowski...and they kicked in the Rubber Bowl.

We actually had a string of great kickers in the 80s - Graham, Heckman, Klaus, Dombrowski...and they kicked in the Rubber Bowl.

I would not hold that against them. They had no choice. That is where we played our home games

Straight from Clayton Moore's Facebook account, he will be an Akron Zip!

Since he is signing in the early period for JUCO transfers, along with OL commit Vinnie Rizzo, he will enroll in January for the 2011 Spring semester and so be eligible for Spring practice and to play in the Spring Game.

Additional Confirmation (beyond Facebook :)) Not sure why it's talking Rivals, ESPN, and Scout so long to have him listed as a commit.

Straight from Clayton Moore's Facebook account, he will be an Akron Zip!

Since he is signing in the early period for JUCO transfers, along with OL commit Vinnie Rizzo, he will enroll in January for the 2011 Spring semester and so be eligible for Spring practice and to play in the Spring Game.

Additional Confirmation (beyond Facebook :)) Not sure why it's talking Rivals, ESPN, and Scout so long to have him listed as a commit.

That's encouraging news. Last year was a wake-up call that we need more talent at QB. But I suppose that's true for every position, including coaches. It appears to me that we are getting a higher caliber recruiting class than in the past, so I'll give credit to coach I. But it's qualified credit because I want to see if he can actually coach them up and they perform on the field. It's nice to have some hope return to the fans. :D

Another quick confirmation on Moore. Even has a quote from him. Yes, it is cold up here, but take heart: at least the locker rooms at the Info are heated properly, unlike at the Rubber Bowl.

He's already on campus and taking classes.

He's also listed as the top JUCO QB in the country.

Nice! We probably don't have the bodies yet, but it would be cool to see an actual split squad srimmage in the spring game this year. Either way, I look forward to seeing "The Lone Ranger" on the field.