Ticket sales for Syracuse

Zipgrad01

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for this game? I just got on ticketmaster for the hell of it and 2 of the 3 ticket levels showed no tickets available. I have never seen that for a Zips game. Could we be looking at a sellout? That would make for an amazing environment, especially since I have a few people that I am bringing and it is their first Zips game.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for this game? I just got on ticketmaster for the hell of it and 2 of the 3 ticket levels showed no tickets available. I have never seen that for a Zips game. Could we be looking at a sellout? That would make for an amazing environment, especially since I have a few people that I am bringing and it is their first Zips game.

Joe S. at the ticket office two weeks ago said Cuse had bought 3-5k tix

I hope you guys a good parking flow for people buying parking passes on game day.

Does Syracuse get good fan support on the road? (or at all for that matter). I still have this image stuck in my head of an empty Carrier Dome from '07, but obviously that was a down year for you guys. I'm just curious has to how SU's fan support stacks up to other state flagship universities like OSU, Michigan, WVU, Maryland, etc.

Does Syracuse get good fan support on the road? (or at all for that matter). I still have this image stuck in my head of an empty Carrier Dome from '07, but obviously that was a down year for you guys. I'm just curious has to how SU's fan support stacks up to other state flagship universities like OSU, Michigan, WVU, Maryland, etc.

Syracuse isn't the New York flagship university, Buffalo is.

I thought it was Army.

I thought it was Army.

Since Syracuse and Army are private they can't be a state flagship university. ;)

I thought it was Army.

Since Syracuse and Army are private they can't be a state flagship university. ;)

Since "Buffalo's in Canada", it can't be a flagship NY university. :CK_brew:

Yeah right......UB isn't even the Flagship of Erie County. :wave:

We sucked real bad in 07 and the Cuse fan base is a bandwagon bunch and we soured on Greg Robinson. We have a solid 25k fan base of hard core...this year we should see 40k as the prospects are looking up. When we are top 25 we get 45-49k.

We are the flagship of Upstate NY, our townies (locals within 90 miles) support the team, most of the alumni live within 6-7 hours of Syracuse mostly in urban areas. Our real weakness is the downstate fans will not leave the NYC Metro area to drive up and support the team. Syracuse is a private school so it isn't a flagship like OSU, UM and PSU are...SU fans do travel well to drivable locales. It helps that this is a 3 day weekend and a night game. I'm sure a lot of the SU fans coming are alumni or former Upstate NYers living in NE Ohio and Western PA

I thought it was Army.

BTW...since the US Military Academy is operated by the US Government, I wouldn't consider it "private". But, yes, it's not a State of New York run university.

I thought it was Army.

Hey, Hilary Clinton isn't from New york, but she's one of their Senators. Therefore, Syracuse can be the state's flagship university. :rolleyes:

I thought it was Army.

Hey, Hilary Clinton isn't from New york, but she's one of their Senators. Therefore, Syracuse can be the state's flagship university. :rolleyes:

So can Arkansas apparently :wave:

I thought it was Army.

You would think Navy would be the only flagship university.

I thought it was Army.

You would think Navy would be the only flagship university.

You would think that.

I just called the ticket office to see how many tickets were sold. I have 2 season tickets, but I am bringing along some people with me who do not. I figured we would be safe just getting them at the box office but wanted to be sure we wouldn't be in for a surprise Saturday morning.

Was not able to talk to a live person, but listened to the message and learned the game is sold out! No, not the Syracuse game on 9/4/10! The Can't State game on 5/5/09. No, I am not kidding.

I just called the ticket office to see how many tickets were sold. I have 2 season tickets, but I am bringing along some people with me who do not. I figured we would be safe just getting them at the box office but wanted to be sure we wouldn't be in for a surprise Saturday morning.

Was not able to talk to a live person, but listened to the message and learned the game is sold out! No, not the Syracuse game on 9/4/10! The Can't State game on 5/5/09. No, I am not kidding.

That is not at all surprising. It's the famous Cinco de Mayo effect on attendance.

That is not at all surprising. It's the famous Cinco de Mayo effect on attendance.

I let them know about the message about a month ago and they told me it was “locked” and they couldn’t change it…Really? It plays to everyone who calls the ticket line. Nothing says our athletic department has their crap together more than an outdated automated phone recording.

:lol:

This had to have been the 3/5/2009 basketball game at the JAR, although nobody probably wants to be reminded of it :wall:

You must be confused. That's a baseball game! :P

You must be confused. That's a baseball game! :P

No, I mis-typed when I put in the date. It was for the final basketball game on March 5th. My keyboarding skills have always been a little suspect and spell checker didn't underline that date for me when I (somewhat) proofread my post. So, I see that my post was as clear as mud!

I will give credit where due. After I pressed one and got the news of the sell-out back in March, I pressed two for a live operator and left a message. A very cordial young lady returned my call to let me know that "there should be plenty of reserved seats available game day, no guarantees, but if you want reserved I would suggest purchasing now".

I would have been ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if reserved seats were sold out now. And I will still be pleasantly surprised if they are sold out on game day. As for the total crowd, I'd like to see 15,000, and will be surprised if it's over 20,000. But, a large Syracuse contingent could possibly push us to that number.

I would have been ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if reserved seats were sold out now. And I will still be pleasantly surprised if they are sold out on game day. As for the total crowd, I'd like to see 15,000, and will be surprised if it's over 20,000. But, a large Syracuse contingent could possibly push us to that number.

We'll break 20k, I won't say easily, but we will. It's opening day, labor day weekend, 70 and sunny and a (crappy) Big East team in town. The team hasn't had a chance to get thwomped by some big boys yet so there is optimism in the general public that knows nothing of Zips football.

(Disclaimer: I have optimism every year prior to the season, this year more than some others, but for those that know nothing of college football, every season might as well be a clean slate)