Talking Tressel

bobbyake

Can we all grow up a little bit. We're posting info from peoples (fans) facebook and twitter feeds and taking it as truth?

We want the guy desperately. I'd love to have Urban Meyer here too. But let's face it, it's not going to happen.

You don't go from Jim Tressel to Paul Winters.

If we really have all this money to throw around the next logical choice would be a Mike Stoops then so on and so on. It would not be and never has been Jim Tressel, then Winters then OC for blah blah... Let's put this into proportion. Tressel isn't coming here!

Stoops is more than likely going to be on OSU's staff.

I am skeptical about it happening, but lets not act like its impossible. Didnt Akron hire Faust right after he was fired from Notre Dame? We CAN get the big boys.

Stoops won't come here either. I'm just saying he would be more likely than Tressel. And Gerry Faust is a horrible example. He was a life long high school coach who failed miserably at Notre Dame. No one else wanted him. He had no other college experience. He had nowhere to go.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parking lot in front of the Info is closed with someone watching the entrance and only about 10 cars in the lot. Saw this and the camera man with my own two eyes.

saw this as i came in this morning. its been closed since late last night. Dont really understand why...

yep im a jackass. My point was how out of hand this has got. i post one thing on fb, then eveyone says they have "sources" saying hes there. Do I have sources yes but thats bc I also work for the media, know people in the trustees/athletic/presidents office and ive done all of my postings about this on twitter. This has got so out of hand it isnt funny, you post one thing about Jim manning the fryer at Ohio Burger you have 25 fb status' saying they saw him.

yep im a jackass. My point was how out of hand this has got. i post one thing on fb, then eveyone says they have "sources" saying hes there. Do I have sources yes but thats bc I also work for the media, know people in the trustees/athletic/presidents office and ive done all of my postings about this on twitter. This has got so out of hand it isnt funny, you post one thing about Jim manning the fryer at Ohio Burger you have 25 fb status' saying they saw him.

It's one thing to ask people about something, and then it's on them if a flurry starts.

But when you fabricate something (even as a hoax to demonstrate how a flurry works) you are still the cause and they are the effect.

Saw the news van and a cameraman as well.

Interesting, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was just for a story on how big it's getting...nothing of substance.

Canton Repository just posted that they spoke with Tressel's people and that he has been at his home all day in columbus and that he is not taking a coaching job at Akron.

Interesting, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was just for a story on how big it's getting...nothing of substance.

Canton Repository just posted that they spoke with Tressel's people and that he has been at his home all day in columbus and that he is not taking a coaching job at Akron.

Urban Meyer wasn't talking to Ohio State last week about coaching either. :rolleyes:

Rasor has a good take on all this:

I’m still quite skeptical, but rumors across Facebook, ZipsNation and Twitter are buzzing like nothing I’ve ever seen relating to Akron.

That can't be all bad, as long as they're spelling Akron correctly. ;)

Tressel rumors are getting wild, fun to read

Espn 850 now saying sources at UA say Tressel is not coming. It was fun while it lasted.

Why today didn't matter...

Sources said Wednesday for the meeting with Tressel the whole time, not Tuesday.

Next Trustee Meeting.

November 30, 2011, 10 a.m.*, Student Union, Room 339 (Executive session, 8 a.m.)

so changing the date are you? this is getting rediculous

Maybe not, but the moron that wrote the article doesn't even know that Infocision Stadium has better meeting rooms then most of campus and they hold high profile events there all the time.

Maybe not, but the moron that wrote the article doesn't even know that Infocision Stadium has better meeting rooms then most of campus and they hold high profile events there all the time.

What do you expect when a guy has been covering sports for the Suppository for 20 years? Gotta do something when you can't get a better job.

Why today didn't matter...

Sources said Wednesday for the meeting with Tressel the whole time, not Tuesday.

Next Trustee Meeting.

November 30, 2011, 10 a.m.*, Student Union, Room 339 (Executive session, 8 a.m.)

Unless there is an officail annoucement one way or another...I will continue to hold out some hope. All the speculation is amusing and makes for good reading ;) If something does not break by this Friday...then I will assume we tried but could not get it done. Next....

Don't know if he posted it here or not, but a trusted source with very high connections at UA just told me that Tressel and another coach both turned down the job yesterday. Obviously, I don't *want* to believe the report, but he sincerely believes it's accurate.

I can live with JT turning down the job. What I couldn't live with would have been finding out that UA never even tossed in their hat.

Don't know if he posted it here or not, but a trusted source with very high connections at UA just told me that Tressel and another coach both turned down the job yesterday. Obviously, I don't *want* to believe the report, but he sincerely believes it's accurate.

I can live with JT turning down the job. What I couldn't live with would have been finding out that UA never even tossed in their hat.

I can live with JT turning it down too, what I can't live with is another Ianello type hire.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Todd Porter is reliable source. Almost every other rumor in this thread comes from some anonymous source or post on Twitter. Reporters often use what my brother in law likes to call "weasel words". They will write a story, but leave themselves an out if what they wrote turns out to be inaccurate. Porters comments have very few weasel words and the statement that JT was in Columbus all morning when he was allegedly sighted at UA, was a statement made in a factual manner. Its been a fun ride, but I'm ready to get off and head back to reality. Jim Tressel is not going to be the next coach at UA. :(

Everyone should read the Canton Repository story. It's bylined by a good sports writer (Todd Porter) who spoke directly with someone close to Tressel.

Stuff can always change, so I wouldn't consider this to be the definitive answer. But it carries more weight than the anonymous twitters, and tends to lower the odds a notch.

Tressel won't coach at Akron

I can live with JT turning it down too, what I can't live with is another Ianello type hire.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Funny, sitting here lamenting our potential loss...I couldn't even come up with one "runner-up" name I'd like to toss into the search. There is not one other person in the country who could do what Tressel was capable of--instantaneously--for Akron.

The guy is not a moron. He's a very good, reliable, writer.