Talking Tressel

bobbyake

A reliable source tells me that as of 11:30 a.m., there are no TV trucks or cars with news organization logos anywhere near the Martin House. If a Tressel annoucement were being made there around lunch time today, one would expect TV trucks already setting up and a lot of media activity going on.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reliable source tells me that as of 11:30 a.m., there are no TV trucks or cars with news organization logos anywhere near the Martin House. If a Tressel annoucement were being made there around lunch time today, one would expect TV trucks already setting up and a lot of media activity going on.

If today is happening, it has nothing to do with making an announcement. It has to do with continuing the conversation.

Bruce Hooley was on the Really Big Show this AM.

He indicated that Fickel will be paid $750K as a position coach on Meyer's staff and that

Tressel is indeed interested in the UA job and maybe the UCLA job.

Akron has a big advantage over UCLA because JT wouldn't be able to include any years at UCLA with the years spent at YSU and tOSU in his state retirement plan. This could cut his retirement check by hundreds of dollars.

Bruce Hooley was on the Really Big Show this AM.

He indicated that Fickel will be paid $750K as a position coach on Meyer's staff and that

Tressel is indeed interested in the UA job and maybe the UCLA job.

I felt all along that Fickell's best chance of being employed was to hope his alma mater gave him a position on the new coach's staff. And I see that this has happened rather quickly. He's not a head coach.

In addition, I think this was OSWho's way of avoiding the issue of why they were already working behind the scenes to remove him long before he even reached the end of his first season.

The Meyer hire is all about trying to restore confidence with the donors as quickly as possible after the scandal. Plain and simple.

FYI it has hit the ESPN Insider rumor mill.

Anyone have a sub that can paste what it says? My guess is that it is a link to the Lake County Sentinel article we have already seen.

ESPN

MODERATOR EDIT: Please don't post full text of paid articles here @ ZN.O.

The snippet from ESPN is a citation of the LCS article linked above. No new information. Pulled up a wire story and charged people for it.

FYI it has hit the ESPN Insider rumor mill.

Anyone have a sub that can paste what it says? My guess is that it is a link to the Lake County Sentinel article we have already seen.

ESPN

MODERATOR EDIT: Please don't post full text of paid articles here @ ZN.O.

The snippet from ESPN is a citation of the LCS article linked above. No new information. Pulled up a wire story and charged people for it.

Insider eh? Glad we have ESPN to redirect us to articles we've known about for 10 hours.