What Type of Zips Fan are You?

Dr Z

ZipsNation Makeup?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Xavier grad and grew up in Cleveland...I put Akron and surrounding areas (on a side note..I hate that so many feel it is Akron vs. Cleveland...I am kind of becoming an "urban planning nerd" as I get older...but I will say that "Cleveland +" was a dumb ass name for a marketing plan and a slap in the face to Akron and other areas).

Graduated in '97 from X, moved back to Cleveland area in 2000. I grew up a BC (dad played football there) and OSU fan. Yeah, still am an OSU fan. I feel there is plenty of room in the mind and heart for a few different schools for various reasons.

When I moved back here, I decided to adopt a MAC team/school. I chose Akron b/c it was closest, urban, etc. Just couldn't choose Can't...they annoyed me, and I didn't know why. My love for the Zips (what the university has done, football, basketball, soccer, etc.) grows every year.

BTW...Zipsnation is a big part of why I became and still am a Zips fan. So many fan forumes are full of idiots (OSU haters...insert comment here). But seriously...as bad as some think Zipsnation can get at times, it pales in comparison to many other fan sites I have been on/been associated with over the years.

:wave: Master in Guidance and Counseling 1975 son got Law degree, now a Summit Co prosecutor, daughter got Masters in Science works for USDA. Live in Wooster, yep I drive up to all the games. :D

Green High School

Malone College

Walsh University

I chose Akron b/c it was closest, urban, etc. Just couldn't choose Can't...they annoyed me, and I didn't know why. My love for the Zips (what the university has done, football, basketball, soccer, etc.) grows every year.

BTW...Zipsnation is a big part of why I became and still am a Zips fan. So many fan forumes are full of idiots (OSU haters...insert comment here). But seriously...as bad as some think Zipsnation can get at times, it pales in comparison to many other fan sites I have been on/been associated with over the years.

I love Zipsnation, too. I mean, most boards would have run me out on a rail for something as downright off-the-wall as an I Hate Can't Haiku-a-thon. Here, they not only accept such things in the jovial spirit offered, they do so with a generous and humorous spirit of old-fashioned fun... and that even includes the engineers for God's sake! :wave:

P.S. Glad you adopted the Zips as your local fav, xu. Your taste is as impeccable as your pain and misery threshold is impressive.

2004 B.S. in Accounting and my wife is a 2005 B.S. in Accounting. I worked myself through school, commuted, didn't have much free time and never went to a single bball, soccer or football game while I was attending here. After I graduated something just clicked and I really started following them.

I guess I could be considered an ex-athlete (although I selected Alum). I was on the golf team at Wayne College the first year they had to have it because of Title 9 (they had Womens volleyball and basketball and only men's basketball at the time). :lol:

Just a general poll to discuss why it is you are fanatic about the Akron Zips. Feel free to be more specific and discuss after voting.

If you fit into two categories, you can vote for both.

Had to return to Page 1 to figure this out -- Wondering if this was restricted to Zips basketball fans (from thread location).

1982 alum. Not officially an athlete. Tried out at GK, told "we'll call you if we need you". :D

Norton High School student. Born in Akron. My dad brainwashed me once I was born to bleed blue and gold, hate Ohio State, and LOATHE Can't State. Been a die-hard Zips fan ever since. In the winter of '06 I got a chance to sit with the AK-Rowdies and they basically adopted me as an honorary Rowdy. I have stood with them since then.

Probably won't go to Akron as I plan on playing college tennis, but THE University of Akron will always be #1 in my heart. If I'm able to attend Zips games is actually one of the factors (minor) for which school I potentially pick to go to. Haha.