Willie Jackson

Willie is now at least six-eight. He is taller than coach Charles Thomas and coach Rick McFadden.

Approximately 200-220# and looks to be solid and ready to play. I would say he is now more of a

"four" man, that is a power forward based on his size.

Akron is close enough to his home for his family to attend most games. Akron's future scheduling

will continue to be against power five schools where Willie can continue to improve his game.

It is a win-win. Do the deal, son; we want you.

A quick search shows Willie variously listed at 185, 190, 210 and 215 pounds, so it seems as if he's been on a steady growth diet. :)This PD story mentions that his very first college offer was from Wisconsin, which speaks volumes about his talent level. Nigel Hayes, who the Zips offered several years ago, has become a star at Wisconsin and helped them get to last season's national championship game. The story also mentions that his planned major (criminal justice) is very important to him. Zips have a fair shot if he wants to stay close to home for his family and if UA has a quality criminal justice program. Bonus points if he's a big LeBron fan. ;)

When you are on a campus visit, what do you pay attention to?

I look at what they do in the weight room, how hard they work at practice and how they get help with their schoolwork.

A quick search shows Willie variously listed at 185, 190, 210 and 215 pounds, so it seems as if he's been on a steady growth diet. :)This PD story mentions that his very first college offer was from Wisconsin, which speaks volumes about his talent level. Nigel Hayes, who the Zips offered several years ago, has become a star at Wisconsin and helped them get to last season's national championship game. The story also mentions that his planned major (criminal justice) is very important to him. Zips have a fair shot if he wants to stay close to home for his family and if UA has a quality criminal justice program. Bonus points if he's a big LeBron fan. ;)

I'm fairly certain UA does not have a 4 year criminal justice program.

Garfield Heights coach Sonny Johnson said Jackson's choices are down to Temple, Boston College, Penn State, Akron and Missouri.

Hmm, wasn't Noah committed to Boston College at one point? It appears that if Willie does decide to play close to home where his family can easily drive to all the home games that UA is his first and only choice. Come to think of it, his family would also be within a few hours drive of many of the Zips conference road games. If he ends up at Temple, Boston College, Penn State or Missouri, his family would mostly be watching him on TV.

Who will help you make this decision?

My coaches and my mom will help me decide what to do.

Is this an official visit... To "Akron University"?... Odd to burn one on such a close school, that doesn't cost anything to visit

An "official visit" is more than strolling through the student center and eating a burrito.

He gets the big tour, hangs with players, goes out on the town...it is a recruiting event.

Willie's HS coach says he's narrowed it down to five schools, including UA. NCAA recruiting rules state:

A prospect may take a maximum of five expense-paid visits, with no more than one permitted to any single institution.

Even though travel reimbursement to Akron is small compared to more distant schools, he apparently doesn't plan to visit more than the five schools his HS coach cites. So it's not really odd if he made a UA visit official rather than unofficial. The minimal travel reimbursement to Akron would remind his family that travel costs would be small for them to attend Zips games. ;)