Game 11—Buffalo Bulls

johnnyzip84

• 4 weeks later...

My wife is big on the low-carb stuff. Brief research reveals a low-carb poutine recipe a going to be a challenge. eating_steak_2011.gif

I've had poutine made with both zucchini fries and rutabega - both tasted ok, as long as you don't skimp on the cheese curds and gravy. My favorite poutine place (http://www.poutini.com/menu/) even makes a vegan option which isn't half-bad.

I'm coming into town from Toronto late Friday, so I'll bring a couple bags of cheese curds, some good Canadian maple syrup, and maybe some peameal bacon. I'll have Alexander Keith's with me (a uniquely Canadian british-style IPA), but if any ZN.O members have requests for more Canadian items, let me know and I'll import them for you.

If any of you have extra tickets available (I need 4) let me know.

I've had poutine made with both zucchini fries and rutabega - both tasted ok, as long as you don't skimp on the cheese curds and gravy. My favorite poutine place (http://www.poutini.com/menu/) even makes a vegan option which isn't half-bad.

I'm coming into town from Toronto late Friday, so I'll bring a couple bags of cheese curds, some good Canadian maple syrup, and maybe some peameal bacon. I'll have Alexander Keith's with me (a uniquely Canadian british-style IPA), but if any ZN.O members have requests for more Canadian items, let me know and I'll import them for you.

If any of you have extra tickets available (I need 4) let me know.

Dang, sounds good. wish I was going to make it up

Edited by Jrship35

THIS Buffalo game is probably the most important game this program has played since the last game at the Bowl in 2008. That was a multiple OT game that Akron lost which likely knocked them out of any realistic opportunity to win the MAC East. This one is for a REALISTIC chance at a Bowl.

UB will not give them the game like Miami did today. Licata is a much better QB. He will throw some INT's but if the Akron secondary gets stupid he can heat up and put up some points.

Hopefully Hundley can go. He is starting to remind me of the Brett Biggs of the '04//05 teams.He consistently busts his butt,gains yards and tries to put them in a position to win. Beat UB and Can't is a big emotional win. Lose to UB,not likely get a bowl at 6-6.

These teams to me, seem about as evenly matched as you can be in the MAC. I'll predict Buffalo as a 2-3 point favorite. Big bowl implications on the line for both teams, as the winner most likely guarantees themselves a bid, while the loser will worry about having to become eligible/getting selected. Biggest and most meaningful game for the program in quite some time. I hope Hundley will be good to go. We really need him.

THIS Buffalo game is probably the most important game this program has played since the last game at the Bowl in 2008. That was a multiple OT game that Akron lost which likely knocked them out of any realistic opportunity to win the MAC East. This one is for a REALISTIC chance at a Bowl.

UB will not give them the game like Miami did today. Licata is a much better QB. He will throw some INT's but if the Akron secondary gets stupid he can heat up and put up some points.

Hopefully Hundley can go. He is starting to remind me of the Brett Biggs of the '04//05 teams.He consistently busts his butt,gains yards and tries to put them in a position to win. Beat UB and Can't is a big emotional win. Lose to UB,not likely get a bowl at 6-6.

We have two home games to end the season......Bowl eligibility on the line Joe Akron! Recruits will be watching..... I would hope the Buffalo game will have more than 8K (which is pitiful to ask) but if the Can't game is not a near sellout when bowl eligibility is on the line........Akron does not deserve a D1 football team.

exactly. The Can't game really needs to be played earlier in the season.

I felt very strongly that the game was poorly scheduled, too. I know it is considered, "rivalry weekend for Div. 1" but it doesn't work for us.

We have two home games to end the season......Bowl eligibility on the line Joe Akron! Recruits will be watching..... I would hope the Buffalo game will have more than 8K (which is pitiful to ask) but if the Can't game is not a near sellout when bowl eligibility is on the line........Akron does not deserve a D1 football team.

​I don't think we can pull this off when students are on Thanksgiving break.

I bet if Ohio State held an open practice on the same day - 80,000 would show up (and the ABJ would make it front page news ;-)

100% agree with that, and it shows how pathetic bandwagon fans are. However, I guess I can't hate on 'em too much...I just finished reading ecologist EO Wilson's new book, and his proposed Eu Species concept to explain our longing, seemingly biological, drive in the phenomema of tribalism. He makes a lot of references to his research with ants, and his experience of being part of the Alabama Crimson Tide "tribe". So their pathetic bandwagoness might partially be the result of mindless biology. ;)

Can't game needs to be played early in the season - maybe 1st conference game?

Either Buffalo or Ohio could be played on "Rivalry Week."

I'd bet Ohio's rivalry with us is more intense than their rivalry with Miami is. I know they're right up there with Can't for me. I love to hate Ohio. And I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1