Game 9—@ UMass

ZachTheZip

All the losing has made this board so effin' uptight. This forum used to be a place where you could go vent some steam without it turning into a pissing contest & people used to have a sense of humor with each other around here.

All the losing has made this board so effin' uptight. This forum used to be a place where you could go vent some steam without it turning into a pissing contest & people used to have a sense of humor with each other around here.

Hey man ......... I was serious about the 2018 National Championship !!!! LOL

I don't want to stoke the fire but I am interested to understand the statement of the staggering lack of talent in the upcoming classes ........... How do you gauge that ? Some names like Lane,Wolfe, Woodson, Williams, Ritz, Erickson, Van Edwards, Cooper on Offense ................... Pittman, Marcus, Boxen, Scott, Guiser, Gilbert. Bell, Rachel, Hope on defense. This year's Freshmen and RS freshmen names may not stick out too much other than a couple but I;m not sure how to qualify the statement

Boxen has been a beast.

I will ask you to look at my my counterpoints to your points. I think they are sound, and not presented in an argumentative manner whatsoever. It is good, high-level discussion of the Zips game day and program direction. And, with humor interspersed (see tutu wager). That form of discussion sparks other people to join in.

To be honest, the past couple weeks had seen some of this board's better content is quite a while. I hope it keeps up, and grows. That will happen with a couple wins strung together.

There is an issue with some trying to use this board to get a coach fired, and taking constant sophomoric pot-shots at the guy. That's not good content. That puts the level of play in the gutter. And, it doesn't reflect well on the fan base. There has been too much of that recently, and that is disappointing. It makes work for me, and I don't have time to deal with that crap.

Oddsshark predicts Akron 28 Umass 25.

uaum.png

Whipple Loves the Akron Defense.

After eight games, they're the only unit in the MAC that has allowed fewer than 100 rushing yards per game. They're 97.6-yard average ranks eighth nationally behind power programs like Alabama, LSU and Michigan. Whipple praised defensive coordinator Chuck Amato and his penchant for using multiple, varied looks in the front seven. "They play three different fronts, so they force you to have some issues schematically in blocking schemes and pass protection. They'll mix it up, Chuck always has," he said. 'They can rush the passer with four down or rush with three and the blitz game in the weak, strong or overloads.

Edited by Dr Z
  • Like 1

MassLive: UMass vs. Akron game preview:

After separating his shoulder late last week against Ball State, Kelton Brackett is questionable to play (he was in a sling all week). And if he does play, it'll be in limited snaps with limited effectiveness. Marken Michel and Trey Seals, have both missed extended time and don't figure to suit up.

Whipple gushed over the senior linebacker earlier in the week, calling him the best linebacker UMass has seen in the MAC. And for good reason. Brown, despite size limitations, is second in the MAC in sacks. He's the heart and soul of a good Akron defense, one that stops the run as well as anyone in the nation.

Woo hoo! Direct TV Channel 221!

I checked my guide, it is listed, and is listed in HD.

George writes the Zips need to be prepared for another aerial attack.

...The Zips should be prepared for what Frohnapfel brings to the table given their last two games — both losses. Bowling Green’s Matt Johnson lit them up like he has almost everyone this season. But in last week’s loss to Central Michigan, the UA secondary, consisting of Kris Givens, Zach Guiser, Bryce Cheek, DeAndre Scott and John Senter in various combinations, went to work against Cooper Rush, holding him to 226 passing yards when he came into the game averaging better than 300 per game.The Zips will have to be on their guard. Frohnapfel loves to hit senior wide receiver Tajae Sharpe, who has already caught 88 passes for 980 yards and four touchdowns...

Nobody here has to 'try' to get a coach fired. If anyone thinks that what is written here will get a football coach fired,please get back on your meds. The numbers at the end of this season will determine if Bowden stays or heads back home.

Come on man.... Recruits make their decisions on where to attend based off this board. Smh

Nice to see the high and mighty out in full force tonight. I keep scanning the news waiting to see where one of you get hired.

Although I don't know you, I can picture you asleep in your bed when the alarm goes off. . .whoop, whoop, whoop! You jump out of bed and put on your cape. Derogatory post detected! Terry needs my help!

Here I come to save the day!

As laser beams shoot from your eyes, you quickly scan the board. Bowden Defender, activate!

Chill. It'll be okay.

Edited by Keener'92

Although I don't know you, I can picture you asleep in your bed when the alarm goes off. . .whoop, whoop, whoop! You jump out of bed and put on your cape. Derogatory post detected! Terry needs my help!

Here I come to save the day!

As laser beams shoot from your eyes, you quickly scan the board. Bowden Defender, activate!

Chill. It'll be okay.

Captain save a Bowden