1-19-16 vs. Eastern Michigan

kreed5120

The Zips are returning home from an 0-2 road trip that made them look very exposed. Both teams come into the game at 2-2 in conference play. Eastern Michigan is led by Junior guard Raven Lee and Freshman center James Thompson. Eastern Michigan isn't a good 3 point shooting team, but that doesn't appear to stop them from hoisting them up. It should be a winnable game, but the way Akron have played of late nothing should be taken for granted.

Edited by kreed5120

Huge upcoming stretch of games for the Zips beginning tonight. A win this evening, and all's well with the world. A home loss, and the JAR faithful will probably start thinning out.

We know Miami is at "Cupcake Level." But with the added incentive that it's a MAC East tilt, they'll play tougher. Should be a competitive game.

NIU looms next, and they are certainly at EMU's level.

Gotta sweep these three, because @Ball State, @OU and CMU follow.

Tough MAC slate this year. It's good to see.

KD was not happy with the team play after Friday's loss and I wonder if we may see some changes in the lineup.

Since we started conference play, there has been a downward trend on our offensive stats. In conference play we still shoot the 3 ball at a frequent rate, 31 3 pointers per game, but we are shooting only 32% from the 3 line and have gone from 33rd in the country to 68th in the country in 3 point shooting percentage. The opposition in 4 games has shot 23 more foul shots than Akron and shooting their foul shots at a respectable 69% while once again, we suck at shooting our foul shots shooting 57.5% from the foul line.

However, we have played 3 out of our 4 games on the road so hopefully the downward offensive stats will get better during the next 3 home games. KD teams have always played well at home. We need to play better defense and stop the dribble penetration. I am hoping that we can get better defense from our guards. Go Zips!

Man so this thing isn't being streamed anywhere? Was looking forward to watching the Zips on one of my extra monitors while working late tonight

Nevermind found the stream thru the link Dr. Z gave. There wasn't a link on the schedule on gozips.com... Go Zips!

Edited by zippy5

Even though go zips dot com indicates the game is on ASN, I'm pretty sure it is not. ASN lists Ohio vs W Mich tonight. As a matter of fact Akron is the only MAC game that is not on ESPN3 tonight. :wacko: Ten other MAC teams will be shown on ESPN tonight.

The program's national image is taking a blow from this very thing! In 2013-14, UA had IIRC, 16 games nationally televised, including the ESPN+ system on Time-Warner networks (and some others, I believe). Last year, that number fell below ten. This year, only the Arkansas and Villanova games on the regular ESPN stations, and @Buffalo have been shown. We are taking a big step backwards in our visibility to national basketball fans, alumni, and recruits. I believe the ASN network is the one which gets picked up from ESPN3 to ESPN+. The UB game was on that, and last week's OU-Can't State game.

What needs to be done to get UA up to ESPN's standards of "excellence"? Basic infrastructure, equipment, training...(all of the above?) ;)

The JAR looks good.. I like the banners covering the front of the seats. I've always thought it's something simple and cheap the U could do for the Info too. Blue and gold banners covering the concrete walls in front of the seats behind the benches. The plain concrete is tacky, and it's always in the shot on TV.

Apparently, we are not allowed to view free throws tonight. Just a big Z banner. What the hell is that all about? It's about the most absurd thing I've ever seen

Apparently the retard is back behind the camera. Years ago when we used to pay for the feed they did this. After many emails and phone calls they said it is because they are using the scoreboard camera. The problem is, someone has to tell them it is also an internet feed. Morons. Some Div 1 school we are.