MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

22 minutes ago, LZIp said:

What would give us the tiebreaker with the same amount of conference losses and splitting the series?

If you have two teams that are tied for first, the first tie-breaker is head-to-head. Akron and Toledo split the season series. The next tie-breaker would be win percentage against 3rd place team. That's currently tied so it would move onto the 4th then 5th etc. until one has a better win percentage against the other against that same common opponent. Since our losses are to the 2 MAC cellar dwellers and Toledo's were to 2 middle of the MAC teams, we come out ahead.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

If you have two teams that are tied for first, the first tie-breaker is head-to-head. Akron and Toledo split the season series. The next tie-breaker would be win percentage against 3rd place team. That's currently tied so it would move onto the 4th then 5th etc. until one has a better win percentage against the other against that same common opponent. Since our losses are to the 2 MAC cellar dwellers and Toledo's were to 2 middle of the MAC teams, we come out ahead.

Miami is at Toledo on Tuesday and Zips have NIU.  Then Zips head to Muncie and Toledo to Canada for two nationally televised MACtion games on Friday.   Meanwhile, PCCC has two cupcakes before facing Miami.  Exciting end to regular season.

It'll be interesting to follow as we near the end of conference play, but I wonder if Toledo is starting to wear down with their 7 man rotation. I said it before and I'll say it again - I'd feel very confident against them in the MAC-C. Let's just hope we get there and don't need to play them until the finals.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zippy5 said:

I feel like we'd have the tiebreaker if we each win out now since our losses aren't from the top teams

True ... that's why I've always said tiebreakers should work backwards in the standings. Teams should pay more for losing to bad teams than losing to good teams. (I know, this year that would hurt the Zips, but most seasons it would not).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyalBlu said:

True ... that's why I've always said tiebreakers should work backwards in the standings. Teams should pay more for losing to bad teams than losing to good teams. (I know, this year that would hurt the Zips, but most seasons it would not).

+1. That procedure doesn’t make sense. 

45 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Looks like the conference is going with winning percentage. So we need UT to lose another game or have some cancelations. 

20210214_140811.jpg

Rather like Akron's draw as the 2nd seed.  PCCC or BG in semis after a rematch with Miami.  Not sure how Pippen an his knees will hold up two games in two days.