Class of '22 Verbal Commits

19 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

@LZIp, since Ryan’s a JUCO, that means he’s a ‘21 commit, right? Or is he committing with a year of JUCO ball left?

That is a good question and I honestly have no clue. I suppose we'll be for certain come this fall!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 3:19 PM, Blue & Gold said:

@LZIp, since Ryan’s a JUCO, that means he’s a ‘21 commit, right? Or is he committing with a year of JUCO ball left?

You are correct on this by the way, B&G. I saw Curtis Fann post a video with him in Zips locker room today. 21 commit!

• Like 1

Congratulations to the staff and this young man. Welcome to the program. Getting a recruit that Marshall also wanted tells me this athlete has some talent. His being a TE is surprising considering how we have ignored this position for years. There may be hope that our offense will become more diversified and less predictable. I also have to give the staff credit because I believe they have slowly and methodically raised the team's talent level. That's encouraging. I wish we had more to get excited about, but the almost total blackout on anything football related since February has killed any buzz. Regardless of any challenges this is a year the team has to win 3-4 games. I hope this new talent influx process gets us there.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, LZIp said:

He doesn't seem to have much activity in the way of offers, but he seems to have good size and I think his tape is nice.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11254249/60a5b7921762b50d3011ff04

That is good film!  That's a football player right there.  Reminds me of Bubba's HS film.  Craves contact.

12 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I concur. It's a wonder he hasn't drawn more interest. He hits a lot harder than most people with bangs.

Although they play a different position, his tape reminds me of last years OL recruit Colin Lyons.  The tape shows that they are both punishing in their blocks and their tackles.  Colin bowled over most Defensive linemen in his tapes, while Christian Hanson attacks from the defensive side of line backer and punishes the ball carrier.  The tape of both of these players is very impressive.  It makes me think;  are both of these players really that dominant, or do they play in a weak conference with a weak schedule.  I hope that both of these players are long time Zip dominant players and all MAC players.  Go Zips!!!!!

• Like 1

6'5, 305 OT/DL Tyler Leopold of Ottawa-Glandorf HS.  

Ottawa's a small school (D5), so his competition will be questionable, but I've heard of this kid.  He was 1st Team All-Ohio.  Big body.  That's OL size, but his commitment pic ^^ specifies DL, so that's a big, 305 lbs. DT! 💪

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we got him over Ga State and Kent St. Also went to same HS as Mike Mathison. Also, Dent has already de-committed as an update on him. Since then, he's picked up offers from Michigan in addition to Oregon, among others. Staff was in early on him. Too bad camps were back this year!

21 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Malcolm Williams, DT, 6-2, 295, Butler CC, originally from Southridge HS, Miami, FL.  It looks like originally signed with UCF out of high school.

A 2018 Two star recruit per 247.  Unless he sat out for a season (or two), he would be coming in next year as a senior.  Could he be added to the team and roster this season?  If anyone has any additional details and facts, please chime in.