Game 6- Gulf Coast Showcase Game 2

clarkwgriswold

I saw none of this mess, but...why did Walton play just 15 minutes and take only 2 shots?  We're dependent on shotmaking that we can't shoot, and he's the only one who can take the rock to the rack!  This is a coaching failure and Groce had sure better accept it!

We need Trimble and Castenada to both hit three 3's per game and we need Walton to score 10 PPG & draw fouls at the basket.

I liked that Dawson got more time today.  He hit one 3 & had two others rim out.  I like Dawson.

I highly doubt either of the freshmen will play this season, as someone mentioned above.  But if one does, it should be Kobe.  He's a prolific 3-point shooter & as of now we only have 2-3 guys who can shoot in Trimble, Castenada, and Dawson.  I just have to believe Trimble & Castenada will come around.  If not, we may not win another game all year. Lol

Edited by Blue & Gold

11 hours ago, NWAkron said:

His teams have not done well in these "tournaments."  Hawaii and Cayman Islands were bad.  They didn't play that well in DC, either, losing badly to Liberty and beating Tulane by 1.

They don’t do well because the teams they play in the tournament’s are usually bigger and stronger.Strength and conditioning should also be addressed by the AD.

3 hours ago, monrowe said:

They don’t do well because the teams they play in the tournament’s are usually bigger and stronger.Strength and conditioning should also be addressed by the AD.

I'm going to disagree with you on that point.   Groce's teams are very fit and are built to run the floor.  That's not why they are missing wide open 3s.  Talent level, confidence, and attitude.  

• Like 1