2024 Outstanding Offers

Not sure where to put this but Sam Popper is moving up the ranks pretty quickly. Now assistant director of recruiting at Michigan. Why does it matter? Popper was integral in Akron’s 2022 class (Joe Moorhead’s first) in identifying and getting recruits on campus, even without a full coaching staff in place. He was at Memphis this past season.

On 6/26/2023 at 5:00 PM, catdaddyp said:

Not sure where to put this but Sam Popper is moving up the ranks pretty quickly. Now assistant director of recruiting at Michigan. Why does it matter? Popper was integral in Akron’s 2022 class (Joe Moorhead’s first) in identifying and getting recruits on campus, even without a full coaching staff in place. He was at Memphis this past season.

Congrats to Sam. That's awesome news. I wonder if the Moorhead/Gattis connection at Michigan had anything to do with this. 

Side note: will his title have a donor? The Derek Jeter Asst. Director of Recruiting? I looked on Michigan's website, and 5 coaches have donors in their titles. For example, Harbaugh's title is J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach. Society is going to 💩 quickly. Some people will spend money on anything to put their name on something. 

I wonder if Ianello would like to sponsor his statues at InfoCision. The Rob Ianello Garbage Cans.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 2

"I wonder if Ianello would like to sponsor his statues at InfoCision. The Rob Ianello Garbage Cans."

No need to ask iCoach for money. I'll buy the sponsorship for his garbage cans myself. Glad to do it.

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2023 at 11:04 PM, catdaddyp said:

i expect his choice to be UMASS. I don’t believe we ever got him on campus and it’s hard to land a commitment that way.

It was UMASS. Nice pickup for them. Not sure if we take another HS WR prospect in this class, unless someone transfers/leaves the team. George will be the only one out of eligibility after this year.

10 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Offer out to projected preseason JUCO All-American OT.

If this is the guy, he certainly is well-traveled and he appears to have his sights set on bigger/better programs than he has tended to attract.

Maybe the recent offer by Houston will be more to his liking. If he wants to be closer to his home in Springfield, Ohio this may increase the odds he signs with the Zips.

https://247sports.com/recruitment/rod-green-162475/recruitinterests/

3 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

If this is the guy, he certainly is well-traveled and he appears to have his sights set on bigger/better programs than he has tended to attract.

Maybe the recent offer by Houston will be more to his liking. If he wants to be closer to his home in Springfield, Ohio this may increase the odds he signs with the Zips.

https://247sports.com/recruitment/rod-green-162475/recruitinterests/

Yep, same guy. Forgot to post the link to his profile. He’ll surely receive more offers as the year goes on, so we’ll see how it all plays out.

5 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

How rare is it for a program to have their class sewn up before the season even starts?

I don’t think it means it is wrapped up, the studying of the 2024 class is done, they’re done watching film, camps and offers have been made, their could be more commits but what it symbolizes is we are now on to studying film on the 2025 junior class.  This is standard operating practice 

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

How rare is it for a program to have their class sewn up before the season even starts?

It’s a great situation. I know there are still a handful of offers to some recruits committed elsewhere that we may be hoping to flip and a few others that would be absolute takes, but outside of that it sounds like we’re pretty much done. 

Going off the amount of home runs this staff has hit with the transfer portal, I completely understand why 60-70% of the classes will come from the portal here on out. Impressive 2024 HS class though.

Edited by catdaddyp

3 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Have we had any decommits yet? The way we are performing this season makes we very concerned that this is going to happen.

Not to my knowledge. It could happen, but the only position I’d be worried about losing at this point is the running back due to lack of attempts our current RBs are receiving. None of the current commitments committed to a program with a winning record. Nor has the 2023 team been blown out by anyone (unless UK is counted as such, but that could be spun to 14-3 late in the third quarter). I’m sure part of the pitch is they will be the class to come in and turn things around. The more likely scenario in losing some of the commitments would be to P5 schools if the recruits have big senior years.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1

We were invited for a game day visit this past weekend.  A lot of standing around, very little interaction with anyone, although The University President made it a point to speak with every recruit which I thought was very classy.  Not a good crowd.  I will say the facility/stadium is awesome though.  Just kind of a listless going through the motions vibe coming from everyone.

4 hours ago, Diver757 said:

We were invited for a game day visit this past weekend.  A lot of standing around, very little interaction with anyone, although The University President made it a point to speak with every recruit which I thought was very classy.  Not a good crowd.  I will say the facility/stadium is awesome though.  Just kind of a listless going through the motions vibe coming from everyone.

Ouch!  If you invite a recriut, you better be ready with your A-game.