Class of '24 Recruits & Verbal Commitments

20 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

I can’t read it as I don’t subscribe to the Beacon. Is there a reason the other 11? players aren’t mentioned?

Yeah, the article only took information from our Early Signing Day.  They still listed Robert Morris transfer CB Jermarian Jackson as a commit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Yeah, the article only took information from our Early Signing Day.  They still listed Robert Morris transfer CB Jermarian Jackson as a commit.

Hence the reason why most people no longer subscribe to the Beacon. 

Hard to believe that’s the place where the likes of Chris Broussard, Michael Holly and Brian Windhorst were writing.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Post #1 updated. Unless I've missed someone it looks like Da'Quan is our 7th OL signed this recruiting cycle.

Good. From Arth’s first year until now, the one constant has been below average OL line play as a whole. Must fix  at all costs.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, LZIp said:

Good. From Arth’s first year until now, the one constant has been below average OL line play as a whole. Must fix  at all costs.

💯 . It’s always the OL and DL that needs the most attention in turnaround situations.

This will easily be the best OL since Moorhead’s arrival. That’s not saying a whole lot compared to the past two years, but I think this year’s iteration has a chance to be at least mid-tier in the conference. The athleticism has increased tremendously. 

I think this will pan out to be our best transfer OL class. I’m also anxious to see T. Williams and K. Davis take the next step in their development and see who emerges from the 2023 class. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

DT transfer from UTEP. Former JUCO that is originally from London. Played less than 50 snaps last year, but played well in his limited time. 2 years of eligibility remaining. This one feels like a replacement for Robinson.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

DT transfer from UTEP. Former JUCO that is originally from London. Played less than 50 snaps last year, but played well in his limited time. 2 years of eligibility remaining. This one feels like a replacement for Robinson.

Big boy. Love it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Edited Post #1 to include Madden. He gives us 34 commits this year; 18 offense & 16 defense.

36 if the kickers are included. Not sure about their scholarship status though.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Shocky Jacques-Louis 2.0? Built and moves like him. Just doesn’t have the production.

But also 4 yrs of eligibility left where we only had Shocky for 1 yr.

• Like 2

I have us with 2-3 open schollies (depending on if a PK is put on scholly) based on the information that has been made publicly available.

I have to think a QB and RB are top priorities to ensure appropriate depth. At QB, you have Finley, a gadget QB, and then a true freshman. We had 5 scholarship QBs last year for what its worth. At RB, I think Simmons is the starter right now with Kellom #2 getting a fair share of carries. After that, Marquese Williams and Sean Patrick are both young and small. I would not count on either of them getting a heavy workload if Simmons or Kellom were to get banged up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

I have us with 2-3 open schollies (depending on if a PK is put on scholly) based on the information that has been made publicly available.

I have to think a QB and RB are top priorities to ensure appropriate depth. At QB, you have Finley, a gadget QB, and then a true freshman. We had 5 scholarship QBs last year for what its worth. At RB, I think Simmons is the starter right now with Kellom #2 getting a fair share of carries. After that, Marquese Williams and Sean Patrick are both young and small. I would not count on either of them getting a heavy workload if Simmons or Kellom were to get banged up.

Have we offered any RBs or QBs this cycle? I feel like every offer has gone to WR, OL, DB, and DL. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

6 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Have we offered any RBs or QBs this cycle? I feel like every offer has gone to WR, OL, DB, and DL. 

Not that I am aware of. However, the Simmons, Williams, and Finely commitments we received this year did not have offers announced ahead of time if I recall correctly. We had added a WR and DL this cycle, and may have more schollies available than known.

• Like 1