Game 5 - Buffalo

ZippyRulz

Another game of sitting in the stands hoping for a positive outcome and once again denied.  We had a great tailgate, weather was perfect for the last day of September and then the Zips kicked off.

DJ is blessed with great athletic talent but he was missing a lot of open receivers.  I hope his recovery goes well.

in regards to his replacement I think we are in trouble.  I hope I am wrong but watching Bullock sitting on the bench the whole game not interested and Undercuffler is more suited to FCS play…it will be tough after watching what the other MAC schools did today.

we will continue to show up and support but it is getting harder!

1 hour ago, Lee Adams said:

Does anyone actually know why Cristobal didn't take Moorehead to Miami? I don't want speculation.

Other than wanting to be closer to family in western PA, naybe Joe isn't a fan of Cuban food. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phootss said:

Another game of sitting in the stands hoping for a positive outcome and once again denied.  We had a great tailgate, weather was perfect for the last day of September and then the Zips kicked off.

DJ is blessed with great athletic talent but he was missing a lot of open receivers.  I hope his recovery goes well.

in regards to his replacement I think we are in trouble.  I hope I am wrong but watching Bullock sitting on the bench the whole game not interested and Undercuffler is more suited to FCS play…it will be tough after watching what the other MAC schools did today.

we will continue to show up and support but it is getting harder!

Maybe you should just tailgate and go home, pretending the Zips won. Seems to be a healthier approach to me.

Edited by UAZipster0305

9 hours ago, UAZipster0305 said:

Maybe you should just tailgate and go home, pretending the Zips won. Seems to be a healthier approach to me.

Or tailgate with good people, watch the games and bet on the other team to cover cost of next year’s tickets 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Zips lost to what was thought by some to be the worst team in the MAC and their only win was gifted to them by an FBS team.  It may be time to stop talking about bowl contention.

Obviously a long shot now considering the record, and a back up QB, but this is the MAC, so you never really know. Our D should keep us in most games. And now Joe might actually be forced to feed our RBs..

Buffalo was a bowl team last year that won their bowl game. OOC obviously wasn’t good to them,  but they lost to 3 quality opponents in Wisconsin, Liberty, and Louisiana. Fordham loss looks bad, but a FCS loss can happen to anyone. Look no further than NIU after beating Boston College. I’m at minimum putting Can’t St, Ball State, and I suppose us behind them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

And now Joe might actually be forced to feed our RBs..

The Zips had better be able to complete a pass for more than 17 yards for this to be effective. 

I quickly looked this up. Over half of MAC teams yesterday had a scoring pass longer than our longest pass. When opportunities present themselves, teams have to take advantage. Akron doesn't. 

Edited by GP1

3 of our losses are by a combined 8 points (incl 2 OT games). Should have beat Indiana which would have been huge for the program. Went toe to toe with undefeated and soon to be ranked Kentucky for 3 quarters. We are so close, its just so frustrating.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LZIp said:

3 of our losses are by a combined 8 points (incl 2 OT games). Should have beat Indiana which would have been huge for the program. Went toe to toe with undefeated and soon to be ranked Kentucky for 3 quarters. We are so close, its just so frustrating.

You're right. It is. 

Temple, the Zips missed receivers for scores down field on more than one occasion. Better player execution and we win. 

Indiana, missed easy FG to win the game. Better player execution and we win. 

Yesterday, a couple of missed throws down field and a costly penalty sustaining UBs only TD drive in regulation. U mistakes Captain Kangaroo in his Matt Cherry jersey in Lot 9 for an actual player instead of running for a few more yards making a FG easier. Better player execution and we win. 

Everyone getting it?  If you put players in position to be successful during a game and they botch those opportunities, who is at fault?  Player liability is why NFL players get cut mid season. Remember, we are not talking about pee wee football. We're talking about major college football. Major college when the players are getting everything they want including money. Don't be so easy on them. 

Between the botched execution and sheer stupidity, I don't know how they win another game. 

Want some perspective on how ineffective the Zips passing game was yesterday?

In each of their last games, Army, Navy and Air Force have thrown TD passes for longer yardage than the Zips longest pass yesterday. 

• Haha 1

I know this statement might be unpopular but so be it.  When I would watch Akron under the Arth era, it was so bad that I would usually turn it off at half time because of the ineptitude.  When I went to the occasional game I never stayed for the end because it was that bad. The defense was non existent and in most games we would be out of the game at half time. 

At least this year, we have been leading or could have won all the games but one game.  I look at it as a murder mystery, instead of a who dun it, I just think to myself how are we going to blow it.      At least it has been watchable football with a good defense.  But for the ending, the Indiana game was an enjoyable game and DJ played his best game in some time.  I know that it sucks to lose, but I will probably return to the stadium this Saturday because I know some day we will have a surprise ending and win a close game in the 4th quarter against a division 1 team.  (Also, the fried dough is worth the price of admission)

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I know this statement might be unpopular but so be it.  When I would watch Akron under the Arth era, it was so bad that I would usually turn it off at half time because of the ineptitude.  When I went to the occasional game I never stayed for the end because it was that bad. The defense was non existent and in most games we would be out of the game at half time. 

At least this year, we have been leading or could have won all the games but one game.  I look at it as a murder mystery, instead of a who dun it, I just think to myself how are we going to blow it.      At least it has been watchable football with a good defense.  But for the ending, the Indiana game was an enjoyable game and DJ played his best game in some time.  I know that it sucks to lose, but I will probably return to the stadium this Saturday because I know some day we will have a surprise ending and win a close game in the 4th quarter against a division 1 team.  (Also, the fried dough is worth the price of admission)

I don't think it's unpopular at all. If less than 10 plays go a different direction, the Zips are 4-1 and tied for first place in the division. The MAC isn't a hard place to win. We just seem to make it impossible. 

• Like 1