Game 16- Buffalo

During the current winning streak I have noticed that we seem to be playing better in the second half.  Not sure if our defense is wearing teams down or that we are just a 2nd half team but it happened again last night.

Also, we have not had the infamous Akron scoring droughts where we go 4 or 5 minutes without a basket.  With Ali and now Tribble as a second scorer, we have 3 guys that can make easy baskets in or near the paint.  Freeman with his post moves and offensive boards, Ali with his short jump shots from the side of the basket, and Tribble with his floater.  And then we have the spurts from Hunter, Thornton, Johnson, Dawson.  The past 2 games we had 5 guys in double figures.  As a result when Hunter had an off night at Ball State or Dawson goes scoreless last night, there are other guys who can pick up the slack. 

I still think there is room for improvement in that in the first half we were very stagnant on the boards and got outrebounded by Buffalo in the first half.  This team has to realize that everyone needs to rebound, not only Freeman.  There were a lot of long rebounds that were collected by Buffalo.  Also, we were not making our 3 points shots in the first half and that kept Buffalo in the game.  However, this is a fun team to watch and Freeman is a special talent that I will miss watching when he graduates.