BIG DANCE seeding

46 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

According to NCAA Bracketology - 2024 March Madness men's field predictions (espn.com) Joe L. has the Zips as a 13 seed playing Auburn in the first round in Detroit.

Short trip - good. Opponent -tough but could be worse. 

I've seen us listed as playing in Pittsburgh, Spokane, and Indianapolis as well in past Bracketology releases.

When you're below the bubble line, it's silly to look at bracketology this early. So much of where Akron would be seeded, assuming they even win in Cleveland, would depend on how other conference tournaments play out. There is no way of accurately predicting things in February, let alone January.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

When you're below the bubble line, it's silly to look at bracketology this early. So much of where Akron would be seeded, assuming they even win in Cleveland, would depend on how other conference tournaments play out. There is no way of accurately predicting things in February, let alone January.

The only thing I really look at much is what seed they list us at. I do agree so much will happen between now and then and it's probably silly to pay too much attention, but it's an interesting snapshot of where their projection system sees us as things currently stand.

3 hours ago, Zippy87 said:

I've seen us listed as playing in Pittsburgh, Spokane, and Indianapolis as well in past Bracketology releases.

Based on past experience and limiting the possibilities to those you listed, it is my considered opinion that the selection committee would select Spokane for the Zips.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

According to NCAA Bracketology - 2024 March Madness men's field predictions (espn.com) Joe L. has the Zips as a 13 seed playing Auburn in the first round in Detroit.

Short trip - good. Opponent -tough but could be worse. 

An unimpressive team from an unimpressive basketball conference. I like the Zips chances. 

2 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Based on past experience and limiting the possibilities to those you listed, it is my considered opinion that the selection committee would select Spokane for the Zips.

I think they'd send us out of the country if they could 😂

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

as someone with tickets to all sessions in PGH, hell yeah brother

I've never been to a Zips NCAA Tournament game and am hoping for somewhere reasonably close. Pittsburgh would be a dream!