UAZipster0305 Posted September 19 Report Posted September 19 (edited) 2 hours ago, ZipForNow said: I thought Bowden was a good coach. I did too. Best season in D-1A ever in terms of wins and our only bowl victory under him. I considered mentioning this but didn't want to stir up any more controversy. Edited September 19 by UAZipster0305 1 Quote
72 Roo Posted September 20 Report Posted September 20 This game was more about us rather than Minnesota as far as I'm concerned. We repeatedly made mistakes that took us out of the game. The Zips came to play, but left discipline at home. The coaches have to change that. If they do we have the potential to be better than .500. I was not impressed with Minn. I did see progress in several aspects of our game: DL, OL, LB's, QB's. If we clean up the drops, penalties, missed tackles, fumbles and stupid decisions we will have the team we want. The season's not over and UNLV is beatable. 1 Quote
clarkwgriswold Posted September 20 Report Posted September 20 15 hours ago, 72 Roo said: If we clean up the drops, penalties, missed tackles, fumbles and stupid decisions we will have the team we want. I want to be optimistic like some of you good faithful Zips fans but I can't ignore the the Talking Heads song "Same as it ever was" playing in the back of my head. Quote
ZippyRulz Posted September 20 Report Posted September 20 If the mistakes cleanup is readily doable it should have already been done preemptively. Bowden's teams also had a lot of penalties and special teams gaffes under nepo-asst. Tommy B. Mistakes happen at all levels but if you can't minimize them, you lose. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.