TennZip Posted 18 hours ago Report Posted 18 hours ago 5 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said: Perfect pass beats offside trap. Good pass probably does not beat high line/trap. Make the final pass a diagonal one, boys and girls. #geometry Francisco Tolaba only played 17 minutes but he made a tremendous pass. Remi really used his strength credit to both young men for creating magic 1 Quote
Zip_ME87 Posted 18 hours ago Report Posted 18 hours ago Brett Kaminski with several great saves, including the PK! 1 Quote
TennZip Posted 18 hours ago Report Posted 18 hours ago 1 minute ago, Zip_ME87 said: Brett Kaminski with several great saves, including the PK! Brett had big shoes (Mitch Budler) to fill. Brett has been very good this year. Matthew Paiva should be one of the leading candidates for Big East Defensive player of the year. Goals get the attention but I would argue that Matthew Paiva is the team MVP so far this year. 2 Quote
Zip_ME87 Posted 8 hours ago Report Posted 8 hours ago I know goal scoring is the glamorous part of the game. I LOVE it, too! Jack Roman's chip over the Cuse GK and Remi's golazo game-winner were awesome. However, Brett Kaminski was MotM last night. 3 saves, including the PK. Zips could have easily been chasing this game if not for Brett. 1 Quote
72 Roo Posted 7 hours ago Report Posted 7 hours ago Last night was an entertaining matchup of two formidable teams. If you missed it you lost an opportunity to see the game at an elite level. The first half had me concerned. It thought 'Cuse was getting the better of play. They certainly had a few opportunities that could have been goals. The high press bothers us and we have struggled to make teams pay. When played well it can suffocate a team like Georgetown did. But then again they are the best team I have seen in the last two years. The second half was a different story. We used diagonal passes to get behind their press and despite the heart-stopping clearance on our goalline we dominated. I would like to see O'Rourke take Sears under his wing and show him how to penetrate better. Sears seems lost when he gets the ball one on one. Sears technical skills are supposed to be his strength, but the college game in the Big East has caused him to slow down and that plays into the defenders. If he grows his game that will take more pressure off Remi. With Creighton Sunday this is a good time to be putting it all together. 2 Quote
Zips1991 Posted 7 hours ago Report Posted 7 hours ago 11 minutes ago, 72 Roo said: Last night was an entertaining matchup of two formidable teams. If you missed it you lost an opportunity to see the game at an elite level. The first half had me concerned. It thought 'Cuse was getting the better of play. They certainly had a few opportunities that could have been goals. The high press bothers us and we have struggled to make teams pay. When played well it can suffocate a team like Georgetown did. But then again they are the best team I have seen in the last two years. The second half was a different story. We used diagonal passes to get behind their press and despite the heart-stopping clearance on our goalline we dominated. I would like to see O'Rourke take Sears under his wing and show him how to penetrate better. Sears seems lost when he gets the ball one on one. Sears technical skills are supposed to be his strength, but the college game in the Big East has caused him to slow down and that plays into the defenders. If he grows his game that will take more pressure off Remi. With Creighton Sunday this is a good time to be putting it all together. There were times in the 1st half last night that I thought Syracuse looked like the best attacking team we've faced at home in several years. They didn't really match that in the 2nd half but still looked fairly dangerous. But Akron was always there to clear the danger (other than the great strike from Syracuse in the first half but there's not much you can do to stop that once he's in the position to hit it). Quote
Let'sGoZips94 Posted 7 hours ago Report Posted 7 hours ago 11 hours ago, fknbuflobo said: Perfect pass beats offside trap. Good pass probably does not beat high line/trap. Make the final pass a diagonal one, boys and girls. #geometry Tiki-Taka/triangular passes are king for a reason. When executed properly, it perfectly exemplifies the nickname "The Beautiful Game." Quote
Reslife4Life Posted 5 hours ago Report Posted 5 hours ago 12 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said: New this season ... Each coach has 2 challenges. I don't understand why they don't state coach's challenge rather than simply video review on the broadcast. In the stadium, we can see the coaches signal for a challenge. I did not know this, I just assumed the ref just called for a ton of reviews. I do appreciate how the ref would tell the crowd the result (if we turned the music off in time) 1 Quote
johnnyzip84 Posted 4 hours ago Report Posted 4 hours ago I thought it was a pretty even game with both teams missing several chances to gain the upper hand. Syracuse had some size that was concerning me for a while. I noticed Sam Bunch only played the first 30 - was this injury related? His decisions and strength on the ball have stood out for me this year. Quote
Reslife4Life Posted 3 hours ago Report Posted 3 hours ago Can we also acknowledge the Syracuse goalie? Dude has some of the most unconventional play style I've ever seen 1 Quote
Zips1991 Posted 2 hours ago Report Posted 2 hours ago 1 hour ago, johnnyzip84 said: I thought it was a pretty even game with both teams missing several chances to gain the upper hand. Syracuse had some size that was concerning me for a while. I noticed Sam Bunch only played the first 30 - was this injury related? His decisions and strength on the ball have stood out for me this year. I was surprised by Bunch coming out also as he's rarely come out this year. I would suspect it was injury related and if so, I hope it's nothing major as he's been great this season, in my opinion. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.