All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Back then my family watched The Love Boat followed by Fantasy Island every Saturday night. Good times!!
  3. The last time Toledo made the tournament the #1 song on the billboard charts was crazy little thing called love by Queen. The #1 movie at the box office was The Fog. The price of a Big Mac was $1.20.
  4. Today
  5. I won't let anyone use that video as an excuse for why PCCC lost in 2022. Jacobs played the entire second half - starting with 0 fouls - and we kicked the 💩 out of them by 20 with their best players available. That was a 9 pt game at the half and we won the second half by 11. Akron won that game. Period. Even this year, Akron let PCCC back into the game at the end; it was a multiple possession game until Akron missed shots/free throws. PCCC made the foul mistake, but we still had to knock down the free throws. PCCC deserves credit for 2008 and 2017. No way do they get to hide behind excuses for their losses in 2022 and 2024.
  6. Looking at this through your lens ... I see what you're saying. Akron's two latest NCAA appearances were probably more directly related to Kent self-inflicted miscues (24-foul, 22-video). Could Akron have won both games without those incidents? Certainly. But ... It's not like blocking Kent's last-second shot in OT to win the MAC Tournament, and go to the NCAA. No discussion. Zips earn it/took it.
  7. I am not sure this is current but not exactly a long list for Jalen's talents: Ohio State Loyola Chicago Virginia Tech ECU
  8. I never want to play Kent in Cleveland. It's not like they were good this year, but Senderoff had them playing their best basketball in March when it matters most.
  9. Has the MAC even been a 16 seed? That would be an all-time low for the conference.
  10. I don't remember the exact specifics, but the auto-bid credit is split evenly. Additional credits earned go into a prize pool. That pool is then divided based off regular season and postseason performance.
  11. Don't shoot the messenger. I agree with you both that $100k would be awfully high for Ali Ali.
  12. That number does seem very high. Daron Holmes reportedly got $175k from Dayton this season and he came into the season as one of the favorites to win A10 POY. No knock to Ali, but I feel $100k would get you a stud (by MAC standards).
  13. Does anyone know what the MAC does with the NCAAT money? Is it used in-house? Divided up amongst the schools? Is there any additional funds given to the team in the tournament and what if they make a multi-game run?
  14. I would be shocked if it were even 10% of that number.
  15. Based on what I was reading, I can't even confidently say they have a NIL collective established.
  16. Kent State’s best player on defense entered the portal. CJ West - 2023 3rd Team All-MAC. That’s a blow.
  17. Any message board news on how much Kent has in NIL $$$. Can't be too much.
  18. Nice summary. The good news is that if the newbies are worth a damn they won't be around long. Has Reggie Bass found his 7th landing spot in 7 years yet?
  19. Decided I wanted to risk losing some brain cells and IQ points, so I traveled over to the PCCC message board to see their thoughts on the off-season. Found a few interesting tidbits... - According to Musselman77 "I got it from a good source that Ali Ali got $100k to come back this season" (referring to last season) - It was questioned how WMU can solicit the money for their new arena, while PCCC "does nothing but burn bridges with community businesses and alumni." In response to this, Older and Older stated "The list of well off alumni and businesses that want nothing to with the development people and Athletic Dept. is truly shocking We frequently discuss and just shake our heads. Wish I was comfortable saying more but they will cancel my parking pass." (This was copied verbatim, perfectly conveying the Can't Write part of Can't Read Can't Write Can't State motto)
  20. According to the Ravenna Rejects Message Board, they have 1 scholarship left after Freeman's departure.
  21. Thanks for the input on this, I don't follow them closely. I think they'll miss Santiago and Sullinger quite a bit. Those two, along with Davis, really carried Kent in the MAC Tournament. I won't miss seeing Santiago in particular on the other side - hell of a player who I respected quite a bit.
  22. I think you're a bit out of touch with those guys ... but it's understandable. Here's a more up to date take. 1) The only notable transfer loss was Sullinger, their leading scorer. Davis went into the portal but came back. All other portal entries for them were bench guys, including Freeman, who (based on their board) was a poor recruit who only showed up once a month. Rollins (who committed the foul that sent Akron to the NCAA) ultimately beat him out. And is now in the portal as well. 2) So far they have two transfers from the portal -- not the * caliber the Zips have hauled in, but solid none-the-less. The PG above was the starter for St. Louis the final 10 games or so of the season and had some very productive games, especially with assists, including vs. Duquesne, St. Bonaventure and Rhode Island on the road. Has 3-years to play. The other portal recruit is a 6-8 guard/forward from Boston University, again, nothing over the top besides the fact he's a very good 3-point shooter. 3) Have no clue how many (if any) scholarships they have left. But they always seem to recruit a bit differently from the rest of the league (witness above) anyway. None of these two guys move the needle much for me, but we'll see what it looks like come January/February.
  23. Oh, good, so we know that's not going to happen given his track record. 😂
  24. I'm not gonna say he can't be an improved player for PCCC, but you're absolutely correct - they've lost pretty much everyone. VonCameron Davis returning is solid news for them, but he and Hornbeak are the only returning pieces that averaged 5+ PPG. Poor Pinky. And now he has his handler, AKA Jim Christian, trying to recruit against him. Shambles.
  25. Heck Lunardi has Toledo (whoever plays for them at the moment?) as a 16 seed in his 2025 bracketology
  1. Load more activity