All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

Accuweather now says <20% chance of rain during game hours, rain moving in at 10pm or later. We might stay dry, but it may scare a few folks off from showing up, and we need all we can get.
  3. 2017-2018

Our main rival is K.ent State. Kent is a suburb northeast of downtown Akron. It takes less than 15-minutes to get from UA to KSU. Though K.ent calls themselves the Golden Flashes, their mascot is an eagle-looking bird. The above picture is a dead flash. Lol
  4. Game 2 — UT Martin Skyhawks

It'd be nice to at least be able to track how many points & fouls each player has.
  5. Akron Local Recruiting Targets

East seems to be the new bully on the block... but we'll see if they sustain their success. East has won the City Series 2 years in a row now. Buchtel's still tough, though. It's a shame neither made the playoffs, as both could have made some noise. Garfield has really fallen off. They're now combined with Kenmore & presently the school's called "Kenmore-Garfield." Idk if they're going to change that name, or not. They kept the maroon & gold colors & the rams mascot, so it wasn't really a merger of two equals. Lots of tradition @ Garfield. Firestone cranks out some nice individual talent once-in-a-while, but they rarely have a team to write home about. North is abysmal. Last year Ellet was very good; this year they were awful. So, who knows.
  6. Many thanks to Julia Trapp for posting this and Dave Sterling for picking up on it. Great picture of one of Zips Men's Soccer's #6 greats!!!
  7. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

For you, me, and the 2,000 others who will always be there, we don't care. But, it will unfortunately impact the other 5k to 10k that we had hoped would be there.
  8. Today
  9. Board Conduct

I think the best way we can probably contribute for Captain, is 1) keep a clean house (we could do better in policing ourselves a bit with dealing more kindly with one another and making sure the forum is a fun, accepting place for all Zips fans...present company (me) included in that statement) and 2) contribute our own talents to making greater than ABJ coverage of the Zips possible.
  10. Game 2 — UT Martin Skyhawks

I'd like to know if some of the people who are claiming that they are "OK with this" are the same people who have been b*tching about the Akron Fan Experience on here for years. When it was first mentioned, I thought it had to be either a mistake or a mechanical problem. I've never heard of this before.
  11. Game 11—Bobcats @ Zips

Fantastic Post! I pulled this part out because it's something I don't think we have talked in depth about here on ZNO. At the beginning of the season there was a doom-and-gloom contingency (rightfully so starting 1-3, and squeaking out a win vs. BGSU), and a lot of people were seeing a lack of talent. As this season has progressed, we've seen players develop and get better game-to-game. And for once, in a long time, younger players are emerging in Key Roles...Alvin Davis, Kobie Booker, Kato Nelson. And a lot of our upperclassmen that we've seen making plays this year, Featherstone, Kwad Smith, are coming back next year. I think we're headed in the right direction. And it feels good to say that.
  12. Akron Local Recruiting Targets

I haven’t paid much attention to city series teams since I moved out of my parents house when I was in college 20 years ago, (my dad was an Ellet alum so I attended some of those games despite not being In the Akron district)but hearing buchtel upset east is mind blowing to me. Buchtel, the now defunct Garfield, and maybe Ellet were the powers.
  13. Grant Street Dorm demolished

I do too. I'd like to see a former Zip ace rebuild our program.
  14. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

Funny
  15. 2017-2018

Hey gang, I'm doing my home work. I have been studying the last 6 months of comments. It sure has been a wild ride. Lot's of change almost over-night. Say can somebody please tell me the back story of this road kill bird photo?
  16. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

His level of support of the program has been a step up, for sure.
  17. That is all wrong.
  18. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

I don't care if it's a blizzard or a hurricane we will be there and in Detroit! The more miserable the better!!!
  19. Game 2 — UT Martin Skyhawks

The boards are for fans. I can go to my high school alma mater and see the players points on the scoreboard. I get it, just think it's lame with the new shiny toys we have in the JAR now.
  20. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

It was looking so good for awhile. That all changed sometime today.
  21. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

Wait, what? I'm a season ticket holder but don't live in the Akron area so maybe he doesn't have my #
  22. 2017 Bowl Watch

Thanks, @akronzips71 Yes, I recall that. I guess what I was asking is whether or not those division winners are slated for specific bowls; i.e. the winner to X bowl and loser (2nd in MAC) to Y bowl. Does not appear to be the case.
  23. Game 2 — UT Martin Skyhawks

I have ZERO problem with it. Focus on the team, not the individual.
  24. Grant Street Dorm demolished

Thanks for the info. But I still think an Akron alum like him should come back from the enemy.
  25. Grant Street Dorm demolished

He was offered the KSU job. He just likes being a pitching coach
  26. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

Yeah. Nice touch
  27. Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

I just got a phone call, from President Wilson, telling me to come out to the game tomorrow. Anybody else?
  1. Load more activity