Zips @ Kent — Feb 19 at 6 pm

Dr Z

UA @ KSU  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate to say this because I am normally reserved and grounded but I can see us really taking it to them from the get-go tonight. I think a 14- 20 point win is more than possible. Before Pollard went down I thought K S U was really over achieving and would be a really, really tough out. They just have not been the same though since the OU game when he broke his foot. Needing OT to dispatch W Mich on their own floor is not an indicator of a team in good current form.

As long as we hold our poise and keep Hall from really going off,  Zips by 16

I thought Buffalo did a great job stopping Big Dog in the first half last week and stifled our offense when we were not making our 3 ball early in the game.  I am hoping that Big Dog scores early and often in the first half.  He played extremely well in the 2nd half going 33 minutes.  His endurance has improved dramatically.   The key to our offense is getting the ball to the post and letting Big Dog and hopefully Pat work their magic.  The open 3 point looks come when we play inside out.

Our last 2 trips to Kent were decided in the last second.  I think this is another game that will come down to the last possession hopefully with a Zip win.  Would love to see the Zips blow out Kent but find it hard to predict since this is an away rivalry game.  Go Zips!

34 minutes ago, The Hip Zip said:

I hate to say this because I am normally reserved and grounded but I can see us really taking it to them from the get-go tonight. I think a 14- 20 point win is more than possible. Before Pollard went down I thought K S U was really over achieving and would be a really, really tough out. They just have not been the same though since the OU game when he broke his foot. Needing OT to dispatch W Mich on their own floor is not an indicator of a team in good current form.

As long as we hold our poise and keep Hall from really going off,  Zips by 16

I totally agree but there's just something about rivalry games where things happen that don't make sense. See Duke shorthanded at UNC.. With that said, hope we come out and smoke them from the get go

13 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I totally agree but there's just something about rivalry games where things happen that don't make sense. See Duke shorthanded at UNC.. With that said, hope we come out and smoke them from the get go

as much as I'd like to see the same, I think as usual with Zips bball, we aren't going to start hot and keep the pedal down. Even if we build a lead early, we will inevitably go on some sort of drought and allow Kent back in the game.

I will be sitting in the lovely MAC Center bleachers and as much as I hope to carry a nice double digit lead throughout the game, I know there will be those "the sky is falling" moments of anxiety.   All in how we stop the dribble drive and who gets into foul trouble.   Doubt we will see a traveling call all night.