Sign in to follow this  
zippyfan34

2019 Schedule

https://gozips.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Good things

• the first time we get our home Kent game earlier in the season (also Homecoming) in a long time so hopefully we will have a decent crowd.
  • bye week before Kent
  • 4 Home Saturday games prior to October 19 which allows for potentially decent weather
  • Close the season with Miami and OU which I assume will be two of the top teams in the East

Not so good things

• 3 MACtion weekday games including 2 at home
  • Like 3

very pumped we are getting Kent at home on a Saturday before MACtion starts before weather is shitty. 

The Ken+/Akron game should be played every year at the end of September/beginning of October. I get that's not the traditional rivalry week, but that's the part of the year that will generate the most fan excitement surrounding the game. Miami/OU should do the same. We can then finish the season off playing OU at the end of the year and Ken+ can play Miami or vice versa.

Edit: I believe the 2009 Morgan State game is the only sell out we've had at Infocision. Anyone think we'll fill the stadium for Ken+? :screwks:

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

• the first time we get our home Kent game earlier in the season (also Homecoming) in a long time so hopefully we will have a decent crowd.

The last time we hosted Kent before the month of November was in 2007

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Anyone think we'll fill the stadium for Ken+? :screwks:

First - You know it's going to be a monsoon for that game...it always is for a big game at InfoCision. Either that, or a few key Zips players will get suspended.

If we avoided aforementioned Curse of InfoCision, and Kent brought in a decent team, I think we could approach the 21k butts-in-seats number.

Very smart, and blatantly obvious move by Larry Willliams to move that game date up from late November. It will be a fun day on campus.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I've always been a fan of hosting Kent State early in the season.  Attendance and the game atmosphere is so much better.  Anyone remember when we opened the season with them in 2003.  The ending sucked but the Rubber Bowl atmosphere was electric. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, kreed5120 said:

Edit: I believe the 2009 Morgan State game is the only sell out we've had at Infocision. Anyone think we'll fill the stadium for Ken+? :screwks:

We will never fill Infocision again.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Balsy said:

That's the spirit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Balsy said:

Balsy's right...if we couldn't fill it this past Fall for Salt 'N Peppa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Naughty By Nature, Rob Base and Young MC, we have no chance in the future!  :rock:

• Haha 1

While not "we", it was sold out for Lebron's homecoming and pretty dang packed for the Browns scrimmage with Money Manziel a few years ago.

- Weird having a MAC game as our 3rd game of the season

- No FCS schools, which is awesome

- All winnable games, which is perfect for a normal year, let alone a coaching transition year

- KSUcks in early October is common sense

- No Toledo

- KSUcks, Buffalo, O-BooWho all at home

- The MAC Championship Game is still marked on the calendar (so you're saying there's a chance...)

Not a bad sched. No really short weeks except one day between the Miami/OU game.Both at home. If Arth can get these guys together in the first month the schedule isn't working against them...finally.

• Like 1

We will miss having you guys come west of the Mississippi River!  

Great out of conference schedule.  In the MAC, you play the schedule that you are dealt, with no complaints.  I do not like two Tuesday night games late in the season.  Attendance will be sparse as in the past seasons, especially if bad weather is on the horizon.  Many season ticket holders will think about their renewal, since we will be paying for 6 games and going to 4.  However, it is a better situation than last year with that concert counting as a game.  

• Like 1