Bummed I missed introducing myself but I hope you had a good time. Rain sucked a bit but overall it was a very fun time. Special thank you to @HoopsFan03 and @Captain Kangaroo for teaming up with @GoZips88 and myself. Also a pleasure meeting @Hilltopper.
A few scattered comments about the outing...
Very fun event. KD and Dustin Ford were driving around together which was cool to see. Ty Pence is a stick - 180 yd par 3 downhill and he stuck it to 15-20 feet. As Clark mentioned, Burton was in a boot but it would've been fun to see him play; his "back to school fun fact" was that he's a scratch golfer. Goodrich gave people a read on #10 green which HoopsFan took advantage of by draining a 40 ft birdie putt.
Nikola Cventinovic was there - cool to see him around the program still. One of the groups in the morning had a McNees, although I cannot confirm if it was Steve, a family member, or completely unrelated (unlikely).
Adding to Clark's notes, Oriol will also likely be affected by a blanket Supreme Court ruling. This whole thing is a mess.
The team is big. That was an obvious observation anytime the players were seen around the course/clubhouse.
The assistant pro at Lake Forest - Isaiah I believe is his name - is an Akron grad that went to UA to play baseball the year the program was cut. He ended up staying and getting his degree. Incredibly nice individual.
Andrew Goodrich was out and about. He, Dustin, and Wentz all gave speeches at certain points. Wentz made the comment that the program, athletic department, and University have never been more cohesive and in unison than right now. I missed some of the details, but it sounds like the program is in good standing financially, too.
The women's team supposedly has the best collection of talent in a long, long time. Gensler and the team were also there, with the team taking tee shots for people on one of the par 3s.
Lastly, the Akron community is awesome. I made the comment to my dad that despite Akron not having quite the same opportunities as a school like LSU, we get to root for guys like Dustin Ford instead of Lane Kiffin.