Jump to content

Zips1991

Members
  • Posts

    817
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

Everything posted by Zips1991

  1. Here's a slightly wider shot of the goal. https://www.instagram.com/p/Dcm6YJADFZ8/?igsi=MWptamE1eDBlcnM5Yg==
  2. Could be. Reserved seats are starting to fill in some now that I take a 2nd look at the map today. I'd think it will be bigger than the first two crowds, at least in terms of paid tickets. There was a good student showing against Dayton which might not be matched tonight.
  3. Wake had a down year last season (missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2010) but still are one of the more successful programs in recent decades with 6 College Cup appearances in the last 20 years. Plus, they play in the best (in my opinion) conference in college soccer. Should be a good challenge for our Zips tonight. (From their website) From 2015-25, Wake Forest has: Collected the most overall wins in NCAA Division I men’s soccer (159) Collected the most home wins in NCAA Division I men’s soccer (117) Collected the most regular season ACC wins (58)
  4. That would be great and would definitely create a lot of interest. Unfortunately, from my involvement with the Yedlin bobblehead, I know the cost is probably too much for them to do now.
  5. Although, honestly, the game notes won't be a certain signal either because they were listing Patrick as the starting running back late last season when Gant was getting 90% of the carries. LOL But maybe it's different with a case of ineligibility and they aren't able to list him if he's ineligible?
  6. I imagine our earliest indication will be when the Game Notes are released (probably Monday) if the depth chart is listed.
  7. This was just posted but when I look at the ticket map, it looks pretty normal to me. I understand trying to create urgency but it's obviously manufactured.
  8. Wow, very exciting. 🫠
  9. You guys don't think we're gonna have an Arby's jersey patch, do you? 🤔
  10. They announced some sort of giveaway last night for Friday's match but I couldn't hear what it is. Anyone catch what it is?
  11. Zips at #10 in this week's coaches poll. It's worth keeping in mind, this doesn't take into account last night's match as the votes were submitted prior to that. https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1/united-soccer-coaches
  12. I think I saw that Miami's expected starting QB is out for the season. Not sure on WMU.
  13. It may have also just been scheduled several weeks ago. Who knows?
  14. I overheard basically this exact conversation on the way out of the game so it's definitely real for some people.
  15. Definitely not a good crowd so far. Hopefully it fills in before (or shortly after) kickoff.
  16. Surely there was a reason they expected him to be eligible. So, what's changed since then?
  17. Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere on here yet but I contacted the ticket office to ask when scarves for season ticket holders will be available. They told me they'll be available at the match on September 8 against Cornell as that's the match where they're honoring Doc Nash.
  18. Army comes to campus tomorrow (August 24) for a 7 pm kickoff. I don't want to say any game should be easy, especially this early in the season, but Army hasn't made the NCAA Tournament since 1996. They won 7 games last year, after winning 4 games in 2024 and 3 games in 2023. The weather forecast looks perfect for tomorrow and it's the first day of classes so it could be a decent crowd.
  19. Excellent use of "poor" as a noun instead of an adjective. 😂
  20. Wasn't sure where to put this but we've locked in some money games for upcoming years. https://fbschedules.com/akron-adds-five-power-opponents-to-future-football-schedules/
  21. Student turnout was decent but not great. Lots of empty seats in the main stand, which indicates to me that season ticket sales were not great which is disappointing after an Elite 8 run.
  22. Nolan has won several balls back with great defending. Also, Braxton had some great passes in his minutes even though they didn't lead to anything of note.
  23. A new video board on the side of the field opposite the main stand would be perfect. I'm just not sure where the money would come from.
  24. https://bsnteamsports.com/shop/DFXu9axGZB
  25. Yeah, that's what I heard while watching the women's match broadcast on Sunday.
×
×
  • Create New...