Zips1991
Members-
Posts
817 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
23
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Zips1991
-
2025-26 Post Mortem and Looking Ahead to 2026-27
Zips1991 replied to Zippy87's topic in Akron Zips Basketball
Here's the whole post from Twitter. Figured I'd share since it lists the lawsuit that grants eligibility. -
2025-26 Post Mortem and Looking Ahead to 2026-27
Zips1991 replied to Zippy87's topic in Akron Zips Basketball
It's fine, there's still 6 weeks until the season starts. Plenty of time to figure things out. 😉 -
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Zips now back up to #19 in RPI after last night's results. -
September 22 - Robert Morris
Zips1991 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
To further drive home the point of how many shots the Zips had tonight, here's an excerpt from the GoZips.com recap: Akron put up a whopping 35 shots on the Colonials compared to just four for the visitors — the most in a match since November 29, 2015 when they had 40 against SMU. -
September 22 - Robert Morris
Zips1991 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Attendance is listed as less than 600, which I didn't know was possible since I figured there were more than 600 season ticket holders. -
September 22 - Robert Morris
Zips1991 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
I would've preferred less subs and a clean sheet but I understand the subs with the Georgetown match coming up on Friday. Gotta get players some rest. Nice to get some scoring going! -
September 22 - Robert Morris
Zips1991 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
New kits tonight for Akron. -
-
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Zips fall from #6 to #17 in this week's Coaches Poll. Georgetown at #5. Creighton at #7. West Virginia at #21 (would have been nice to finish that win out) Cornell is receiving votes. https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/ -
Preview from GoZips.com: https://gozips.com/news/2026/9/21/mens-soccer-set-to-face-robert-morris-on-faculty-staff-appreciation-night Robert Morris has not scored against Akron in the previous six match-ups according to the preview. But, as we know, right now it's our ability to score that is the issue. Not our ability to defend.
-
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
-
I was expecting closer to 20 especially considering our unknown QB status. I know many on here consider Broughton and Roggow to be at a similar level but I view Broughton to be more a difference maker, which is needed when playing a superior team.
-
Yeah, I don't know if you noticed the shirt coach Moorhead was wearing on Saturday but it was basically exactly that. It was the Fear The Roo logo but with Akron at the bottom of the roo head. It was pretty cool and I think it would be better for merchandise so it's more clear who the merchandise is representing for those unfamiliar.
-
The fear the roo logo is officially back.
-
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
That seems a bit dramatic, but I guess it could be said Akron was ranked too high at the #2 spot. -
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Zips fell from #4 to #26 in RPI after tonight's draw. -
September 18 - Butler - Big East Opener
Zips1991 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Does anyone know what kept O'Rourke out tonight? -
September 18 - Butler - Big East Opener
Zips1991 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
I didn't actually read the preview until now and was not aware of this: Bulldogs assistant coach Perry Kitchen is making his return to Akron for the first time since helping lead the Zips to the NCAA title in 2010. -
Too bad we don't play #12 or #13 😑
-
I was wondering the same. I assume it will be alternating 4 and 5 home conference games each year. Which means, if we're going to keep two money games per year, we'll only have 5 home games every other year. But we've had other years where there was only 5 home games so it's not unheard of.
-
While I guess it's good there wasn't a decline overall, I was expecting growth based on last year's growth.
-
2026 Men's Soccer Polls and RPI thread
Zips1991 replied to Zip_ME87's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Zips move up from #14 to #6 in the Coaches Poll. https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/ Georgetown at #9. Creighton at #14. Cornell at #17. Marquette is receiving votes. West Virginia is receiving votes.
