Patrick Nicely leaving the team

I truly believe that he was the right quarterback for Ianello, it is just too bad that he had no one to throw to, nor a line to protect him. I think Moore is clearly the favorite for the job now, as he has won three state championships under a Bowden type offense.

I don't think anyone was the right QB for Ianello. PN7 was brought in by the Brookhart regime under which he did ok. I wish Patrick the best.

PN7 was brought in by the Brookhart regime under which he did ok. I wish Patrick the best.

Man, when I saw this quote, I had to remind myself that there are indeed Brookhart recruits still on the team. It's kind of shocking to think about. Some of these guys are on their third coach. The past two years seemed like a long time.

I don't think anyone was the right QB for Ianello. PN7 was brought in by the Brookhart regime under which he did ok. I wish Patrick the best.

Exactly. Ianello would even struggle with Electronic Football QB's. It's hard to really say how good Nicely is. I hope he has a great senior season somewhere .

Sad to see him go. With the few run ins I've had with him, he seems like a pretty good person.

I will confess though that I do not really see the point in transferring. It's his senior season, and its not like he really has a chance of going pro or anything. I'd like him to stay at UA, take what he can from the experience of being coached by TB, and get a good degree.

Regardless, wish him the best.

Sad to see him go. With the few run ins I've had with him, he seems like a pretty good person.

I will confess though that I do not really see the point in transferring. It's his senior season, and its not like he really has a chance of going pro or anything. I'd like him to stay at UA, take what he can from the experience of being coached by TB, and get a good degree.

Regardless, wish him the best.

He wants to play. It was obvious he wasn't going to do it here. He was probably better suited for DII anyhow, he just didn't have what it took to be successful at this level but you gotta give it to him for sticking it out and for taking the pounding he did behind the poor OL he had in front of him.

I am sure he will land somewhere and pick up some quality playing time and perform at a high level. Go out with a blast PN

I really appreciate PN7 sticking with UA through a really crappy part of its football history. He looked promising at times and lost at others. It's hard to say how much of that was him and how much was the mess around him. He never gave up trying, and for that he deserves great credit. I sincerely hope he succeeds in whatever comes next in his life.

I really appreciate PN7 sticking with UA through a really crappy part of its football history. He looked promising at times and lost at others. It's hard to say how much of that was him and how much was the mess around him. He never gave up trying, and for that he deserves great credit. I sincerely hope he succeeds in whatever comes next in his life.

Nicely put DIG (no pun intended). PN7 you did all you could while you were here and we wish you all the best wherever you go. To me you will always be a Zip. You are part of a special band of brothers that survived the darkest coaching era ever in Zip football history. :wave:

Nicely put DIG (no pun intended). PN7 you did all you could while you were here and we wish you all the best wherever you go. To me you will always be a Zip. You are part of a special band of brothers that survived the darkest coaching era ever. :wave:

Fixed it for you. :)

Man, when I saw this quote, I had to remind myself that there are indeed Brookhart recruits still on the team. It's kind of shocking to think about. Some of these guys are on their third coach. The past two years seemed like a long time.

Scary isn't it? Nicely got caught up in circumstances beyond his control. He does have D-I talent with the 'right' system' and coaching. I still keep looking back to his first year. Got thrown into the fire and performed well. The proram came apart after that. Too bad for him this didn't happen at least a year ago. Think he would have made somebody a solid QB.

Scary isn't it? Nicely got caught up in circumstances beyond his control. He does have D-I talent with the 'right' system' and coaching. I still keep looking back to his first year. Got thrown into the fire and performed well. The proram came apart after that. Too bad for him this didn't happen at least a year ago. Think he would have made somebody a solid QB.

This is the worst part about college football. So many kids get caught in the middle of situations that are beyond their control - and most of them do not thrive/survive them. I hope that Patrick finds a place to play this coming season - and that his season is everything he wants it to be. I can guarantee that Coach Bowden will help him in whatever ways he can - whether it's guiding him to the right program, or giving recommendations, etc.

• 1 month later...