Zeke and the NBA Draft

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this makes any sense.

You are missing the point that he just isnt that good...

You have to understand how much talent is actually out there. How many DI schools are there? He didn't exactly impact the MAC. The Euro talent is significantly better as well.

Plus there is a limit to how many non-Euro (or that country, depending on the league) a team can keep on their roster.

So he isnt fighting to make a roster of 15, he is fighting to making a roster of 2 or 3.

You are missing the point that he just isnt that good...

You have to understand how much talent is actually out there. How many DI schools are there? He didn't exactly impact the MAC. The Euro talent is significantly better as well.

Plus there is a limit to how many non-Euro (or that country, depending on the league) a team can keep on their roster.

So he isnt fighting to make a roster of 15, he is fighting to making a roster of 2 or 3.

So tell me how good K.e.n.t.'s 7-footer John Edwards was?

I suggest you check Zeke's conference rankings (and national rankings).

No other MAC player this century has blocked nine shots in a game. Zeke did it at least twice (MAC Championship against Can't State and at Toledo). Marshall is #1 on the all-time MAC blocks list.

7 Footers that block shots in the MAC is not very impressive when they have zero offensive skill set and no ability to play within a offense that runs sets of motion with the big being at least a consideration to score.

And John Edwards was an extremely late bloomer that could function within an offense that got extremely lucky with a poor roster of bigs in Indiana. He got lucky more than anything.

Zero offensive skill set? Zeke Marshall?

#4 in the country in field goal percentage

#10 in the country in floor percentage

#10 in the country in free throw rate

#17 in the country in player efficiency rating (PER)

#55 in the country in offensive rating

Imagine the offensive stats he would have racked up in his senior season if he had an offensive skill set. :lol:

Maybe @MommaZeke knows something that she's not free to share. On Sept. 16, the day that Zeke departed the Polish team, she posted the following on Twitter:

TODAY...maaannn has been one of the BEST DAYS! Good news ALL DAY LONG!

It's hard to imagine her being so excited about Zeke leaving his first professional basketball opportunity without something better in the works. ;)

^^ I agree, but let's be real, you don't even need an offensive skill set as a center to succeed in professional basketball. I'm not downplaying Zeke's offensive game (I've been a supporter of it actually), just pointed that out.

Since they 'reached an agreement', I'm holding out a slimmer of hope that he is invited to a NBA training camp, but if it isn't that, I'm guessing he is just done with basketball.

^^ I agree, but let's be real, you don't even need an offensive skill set as a center to succeed in professional basketball. I'm not downplaying Zeke's offensive game (I've been a supporter of it actually), just pointed that out.

Since they 'reached an agreement', I'm holding out a slimmer of hope that he is invited to a NBA training camp, but if it isn't that, I'm guessing he is just done with basketball.

I think they agreed not to pay him for not playing.

Zero offensive skill set? Zeke Marshall?

#4 in the country in field goal percentage

#10 in the country in floor percentage

#10 in the country in free throw rate

#17 in the country in player efficiency rating (PER)

#55 in the country in offensive rating

Imagine the offensive stats he would have racked up in his senior season if he had an offensive skill set. :lol:

And you know as much as I do that all of those stats are useless.

You don't have to lie to yourself about Zeke being extremely limited on offense. But if that stat reference is your best help, and not actual game footage and a career average of less than 10 PPG in a very average/below average league.

First scouting reporting on google, which didn't take long...draftexpress..

When he gets the ball, he's still pretty raw from a skills perspective, not showing much footwork and relying very heavily on a simple right-handed hook shot, though he mixes in turnaround jumpers off either shoulder on occasion as well. He also is very dependent on the vast physical advantages he has against the relatively mediocre competition he faces in the MAC conference, namely his height and length, and it's tough to envision his post-game translating effectively to the pros in its current state, unless he significantly improves his frame.

@Roo, you cherry-picked the most negative comments about Zeke from a well-balanced profile which I had linked to when it was first published. Here's the link for anyone who wants to read the whole thing. No one, including me, is arguing that Zeke is likely to become an offensive star in the NBA. What many acknowledge is that Zeke is capable of developing into a defensive role player in the NBA with enough offense to get by -- certainly better than "zero." While Zeke improved greatly in his senior season, he would have to continue a steep development curve to make it in the NBA.