Famous Potato Bowl

GoZips88

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Yeah, unfortunately I agree with this.  The stadium is so beautiful but those banners look pretty tacky.

Those banners will be going to the Field House, I hear. There will probably be others revealed during the season, I would guess.

• Like 2

I like that they made the two banners so that they can be hung in the Field House.  THIS is the time to build excitement about the program for the player's sake.  And I have a feeling that there is going to be a string of those banners in the Field House before Bowden retires, including another MAC Champions one.

25 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I like that they made the two banners so that they can be hung in the Field House.  THIS is the time to build excitement about the program for the player's sake.  And I have a feeling that there is going to be a string of those banners in the Field House before Bowden retires, including another MAC Champions one.

Another?  Neither of these two new banners they are going to hang commemorate the 2005 Championship.  Instead they opted for an ugly "Participation" banner for a now-defunct 2005 bowl game that we lost?  I don't get it.  If the objective was to impress people with our D-1A bowl history by indicating that we played in only one other bowl game between 1987 and 2014, I think it was a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

Another?  Neither of these two new banners they are going to hang commemorate the 2005 Championship.  Instead they opted for an ugly "Participation" banner for a now-defunct 2005 bowl game that we lost?  I don't get it.  If the objective was to impress people with our D-1A bowl history by indicating that we played in only one other bowl game between 1987 and 2014, I think it was a bad idea. 

If a tree falls. . .

6 hours ago, skip-zip said:

They already have a MAC Championship 2005 Banner in the Field house.  And going to a bowl is something to commemorate when you've only gone to two in your DI history.  And, considering that 2015 was the 10-year anniversary for that season...it's a, if you will, a turning of the page commemoration.  I don't have a problem with it at all. 

Edited by Balsy
  • Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:13 PM, AyYo said:

Those banners will be going to the Field House, I hear. There will probably be others revealed during the season, I would guess.

I wouldn't mind seeing banners like that in the concourse of the stadium for fans to see on game days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

I am guessing if there are stadium banners they will be placed, optimally for TV camera.

Maybe they can put banners over empty seats like NASCAR does.

dover-international-speedway.jpg

Edited by K92
  • Like 1