Game 7—@Western Michigan

zipsoutsider

17 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I’m going to the game but they have a streaming app if you have a fire stick or roku

They do??!?! I was unable to watch anything live on the CBSSports app last season on my FireTV. Hopefully they joined the 21st century and changed that. Regardless, I'll be recording and watching after. Taking my concealed carry license class on Saturday @Balsy. Too many crazies in this world.

• Sad 1

Assuming we play clean ball, with limited penalties and turnovers, this game will boil down to our ability to pass successfully and to limit Franklin. I think we may struggle early but have a handle on containing the run before halftime. Franklin is good, but he is no Kareem Hunt.

I think it will ve very tough for WMU to come out emotionally charged after the 7OT win so we need to capitalize early.

I am cautiously optimistic because of:

1. Improvement of our run game and blocking.

2. The way the OL handled Ball State.

3. Improved defensive with much better tackling. We still need more preasure in the QB. Our D plays better every week and we have had guys step up when injuries have happeend.

5. Last year I said we were 1 year away from having the depth to withstamd injuries that better programs survive and that appears to be the case. Guys have stepped up in both sides of the ball.

6. As controversial as this will be, I believe our play calling is much improved this year and one of the reasons we have been successful on 3rd down.

7. Punting is better. Kick offs are still a disaster and our coverage scares me.

8. We play well on the road.

This is the week we need our WR to put on their big boy pants and Woody needs to be able to connect for us to win.

Edited by zipsoutsider

34 minutes ago, LZIp said:

They do??!?! I was unable to watch anything live on the CBSSports app last season on my FireTV. Hopefully they joined the 21st century and changed that. Regardless, I'll be recording and watching after. Taking my concealed carry license class on Saturday @Balsy. Too many crazies in this world.

I’m sure he will be delighted to hear that!

9 hours ago, LZIp said:

I had to subscribe to the cbs all access app on firetv in order to get cbssn games live on cbs sports app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WD UA 2015 said:

I had to subscribe to the cbs all access app on firetv in order to get cbssn games live on cbs sports app.

Anyone that doesn't have access to CBSSN, you can try the CBS app for free.

Dave Ryan will do play-by-play, Corey Chavous, analyst, and Melanie Collins on the sideline.

In the NCAA stats, Akron is No. 4 in defensive touchdowns (3), No. 13 in passes intercepted (8), No. 30 in third down conversions (0.455), and No. 38 in red zone defense (0.762). Individually, junior LB Ulysees Gilbert III is ranked No. 17 in total tackles (9.7).

In the NCAA stats, Western Michigan is ranked No.  13 in scoring offense (42.8), No. 14 in kickoff returns (26.47), No. 16 in red zone offense (0.929), and No. 21 in net punting (41.33). Senior CB Darius Phillips is No. 1 in kickoff return touchdowns (2) and No. 4 in kickoff returns (36.8). Sophomore QB Jon Wassink is No. 17 in points per game (17.0).

Senior RB Jarvion Franklin is WMU's top rusher with 408 yards and six touchdowns on 90 carries. Sophomore QB Jon Wassink is 91-of-140 for 1,019 yards and 12 touchdowns. Sophomore WR D'Wayne Eskridge is the leading receiver with 352 yards and two touchdowns on 17 receptions. Defensively, senior LB Asantay Brown has 50 tackles ,two forced fumbles, and two sacks.

MAC Weekly Media Teleconference Audio (Bowden)

• Defense has gotten better each week. They bend, don't break. 

• TW missed five deep balls. He runs our offense well. He gives us a chance to be successful on offense. 

• We will be tested by WMU's running game. 

• WMU might be the best team in the conference

• If you "bend" with this team, they will get in the end zone.

• Hopefully WMU will be tired after 7 overtimes. I had to spend the whole day watching the film. 

• East and west champions will come down to November. 

Segments of parity in the Sagarin ratings:

60.  Toledo

62.  Western 

71.  Northern

101. Eastern

108. Buffalo

116. Akron

117. Miami

128. BG

130. Central

P.S.  Iowa State actually got more votes than TAM (even after playing well against Alabama) in this week's AP poll.  

3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

No offense, but we have Iowa State thread....

Got it.  I was responding to a post about Sagarin ratings of MAC teams.  I should have stayed on topic.  According to Sagarin, Iowa State is #45.   :champs: