mac tournament schedule for first round

1981 grad

The game times listed on that link are confusing. Zips will only play at 4:30p if everyone else were to have a running clock. I understand misreading it as it says "Game 4: 30 minutes following game 3".

First game tips at 11:00a and it will be like a typical women's quarterfinal day. Once that game tips, there are 3 straight right after it, all of them starting 30 minutes after the game before ends, as opposed to normally having 2 games in the afternoon, kicking everyone out of the arena, and starting again with 2 more in the evening. So to estimate it will approximately be (assuming no wicked fast games or overtime games):

Game 1 (#1 Toledo vs. #8 Balls Tate) -- 11:00a-1:00p

Game 2 (#4 vs. #5 Ohio) -- 1:30p-3:30p

Game 3 (#2 vs. #7 Miami) -- 4:00p-6:00p

Game 4 (#3 Akron vs. #6 BGSU) -- 6:30p-8:30p

9 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Quarters: ESPN+

Semis: CBS Sports

Finals: ESPN2

Cable-free houses like mine:  Start planning your free trials to access CBS Sports, should we advance.

I really wish the MAC would settle on a provider rather than bounce back and forth between ESPN and CBS.  I pay for ESPN+ to watch the Zips as much as possible and it aggravates me to have random games bounce off to another network where I am forced to either: not watch; pay to watch; sign up for a trial that I then have to cancel; or download some non-Google store app to watch an unauthorized feed stolen from the net by some Russian hacker.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

The game times listed on that link are confusing. Zips will only play at 4:30p if everyone else were to have a running clock. I understand misreading it as it says "Game 4: 30 minutes following game 3".

First game tips at 11:00a and it will be like a typical women's quarterfinal day. Once that game tips, there are 3 straight right after it, all of them starting 30 minutes after the game before ends, as opposed to normally having 2 games in the afternoon, kicking everyone out of the arena, and starting again with 2 more in the evening. So to estimate it will approximately be (assuming no wicked fast games or overtime games):

Game 1 (#1 Toledo vs. #8 Balls Tate) -- 11:00a-1:00p

Game 2 (#4 vs. #5 Ohio) -- 1:30p-3:30p

Game 3 (#2 vs. #7 Miami) -- 4:00p-6:00p

Game 4 (#3 Akron vs. #6 BGSU) -- 6:30p-8:30p

Thanks, I edited my first post to omit the time of the game.

Edited by 1981 grad

15 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Ball State's getting their fair share of chances. Struggling to make threes and grab rebounds. 

Toledo reminds me a lot of the Zips last year.  When things get tough, they have a few guys who can put the dagger in from the 3 point line and can turn it on in crunch time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Toledo reminds me a lot of the Zips last year.  When things get tough, they have a few guys who can put the dagger in from the 3 point line and can turn it on in crunch time.

Yup couldn't agree more.

Edited by AkronAlumnus