Camp 2022

94zipgrad

Btw, what an absolutely worthless article^^.  GT's apparently been spending much more time analyzing the subtle nuances of She-Hulk as opposed to Zips football.  I learned one nugget; Jeslord Boateng was moved from OLB to ILB.  The Akron Beacon Journal editors should be embarrassed and ashamed to accept and actually publish obvious mail-in efforts such as this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Btw, what an absolutely worthless article^^.  GT's apparently been spending much more time analyzing the subtle nuances of She-Hulk as opposed to Zips football.  I learned one nugget; Jeslord Boateng was moved from OLB to ILB.  The Akron Beacon Journal editors should be embarrassed and ashamed to accept and actually publish obvious mail-in efforts such as this.

Perhaps you should consider the possibilty that the coaching staff is unwilling to give George much information to be published. Giving away your game plan and indepth player evaluations probably isn't the best bet either.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Perhaps you should consider the possibilty that the coaching staff is unwilling to give George much information to be published. Giving away your game plan and indepth player evaluations probably isn't the best bet either.

Agreed.  I am certainly not a George fan.....but the coaches are keeping their cards close and evaluating how to get the most out of what they have.  Smart!  They have inherited players from a different coach.  They don't have the luxury of having a roster of players they recruited to their schemes so they have to adapt to what they have.  I find this to be a very encouraging article showing how good this staff is!

Bigjim started a thread "What else is needed for the class of '23?".  It made me think what else is needed coming out of camp?  QB: consistency, ball security---Skill positions:  FOCUS.  It just seemed like we had untold issues with people lacking total commitment last year.---O line:  Some of these men showed the ability to run block as true Fr. Last year  defenses could run the simplest of stunts and run free in our backfield.  We need coaching to put these men in position to succeed.---D line:  We were man handled last year.  We need determination not to be beat.  ---LB:  It was hard to tell if LB's were slow to react or if D linemen were pushed into their way.  We need the LB's to tackle at the line of scrimmage.  CB's & S's:  We need tighter coverage.  Coaches:  We have been getting a lot of "Raw, Raw"; we need results on the score board.  We are not going to go 12/0, but we can not have 50 point blow outs!

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Bigjim started a thread "What else is needed for the class of '23?".  It made me think what else is needed coming out of camp?  QB: consistency, ball security---Skill positions:  FOCUS.  It just seemed like we had untold issues with people lacking total commitment last year.---O line:  Some of these men showed the ability to run block as true Fr. Last year  defenses could run the simplest of stunts and run free in our backfield.  We need coaching to put these men in position to succeed.---D line:  We were man handled last year.  We need determination not to be beat.  ---LB:  It was hard to tell if LB's were slow to react or if D linemen were pushed into their way.  We need the LB's to tackle at the line of scrimmage.  CB's & S's:  We need tighter coverage.  Coaches:  We have been getting a lot of "Raw, Raw"; we need results on the score board.  We are not going to go 12/0, but we can not have 50 point blow outs!

689DEBD3-1426-46C4-91D4-CEFA21E012E7.gif.15a95cc170b4e716e80b2ded0c66060a.gif

One reason we couldn’t stop the run is because part of the time we weren’t lined up correctly. For instance in this play the TE blocks down and collapses the DE. The inside LB reads run and gets caught up in the wash. What the Safety is doing (top of screen) lined up stacked behind the CB I have no idea. He should be in the box and ready to help fill that massive gap. 

I could do more of these, but I’m not sure many people want to rehash last year’s defense.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 3

@catdaddyp, you are right.  What l was getting at was that we don't want to see the same kind of stupid sh** that we have been fed.  Your clip was perfect!  By game 9, a team should know what they are doing.  You could have posted a similar clip of the O looking like a peewee team.  I really don't think all of our problems have been a lack of talent.  We will see if fresh faces will bring out improved performance from what we already had.  Fresh faces with pads and those with whistles!

1 hour ago, Ham said:

@catdaddyp, you are right.  What l was getting at was that we don't want to see the same kind of stupid sh** that we have been fed.  Your clip was perfect!  By game 9, a team should know what they are doing.  You could have posted a similar clip of the O looking like a peewee team.  I really don't think all of our problems have been a lack of talent.  We will see if fresh faces will bring out improved performance from what we already had.  Fresh faces with pads and those with whistles!

I have got to echo your belief that our past failure wasn't all due to lack of talent. Our coaching staff was undeniably incompetent. Put the staff with an incompetent HC and AD  and you have the makings of 3 wins over three years. Coaching makes a difference. In Jo We Trust!