2022-23 College Football Off-Season Tracker

Let'sGoZips94

Seems to me that a lot of G5 2019 hires were pretty disastrous. Arth, Hammock, Loeffler, McElwain on the list from the MAC. We’re entering the window where we know whether or not they were good hires. Arth is done and the other three have warm seats.

https://athlonsports.com/.amp/college-football/grading-college-footballs-first-year-coaching-hires-2019

I was expecting this to come next year. Wow. 

People see the record and the bowl games, but I completely understand this move. WMU has a ton of resources post-Fleck and just recently got a massive anonymous donation of tens of millions for athletics, hundreds of millions for the rest of the university. Their boosters were going to damn near match Fleck's salary at Minnesota! But even with tremendously talented teams the last 6 seasons, they've never even made it to Detroit. They went 4-4 in the west in 2021 with the most talented offense in the league, and nearly lost to Oscar Arth's Akron Zips, who put up 40 in the game. This year, the starting QB at the beginning of the year threw like 6 picks against Pitt, and they couldn't overcome not having a QB. Lester did okay, and is a fantastic guy, but it was time to move on.

7 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I think you mean our last 4 decades. You have to go back to Dennison to find the last Akron coach who left the program with a winning tenure. His last season was 1985...

Attached is a visual representation of Akron’s all-time record for football since 1973. The Zips were comfortably >.500 all-time, but have plummeted quite a bit. They’ve still won about 10% more than Kent has all-time, which is hilarious. 

7C62A136-EE9B-423C-A05C-35FCBECD5DB9.png