2022-23 College Football Off-Season Tracker

Let'sGoZips94

19 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

These 9-3 teams that are beating the top 4 would be in and have a shot - count me in for that. This exclusive 3-4 team country club needs knocked off, and I'm excited for that to happen.

Does the committee leapfrog TCU with OSUcks for their precious $$$ matchup of Michigan/OSUcks?

The OSU UM rematch is a four star lock.

49 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

The OSU UM rematch is a four star lock.

Hope you didn't bet the farm. 

Ohio State vs. Georgia

TCU vs. Michigan

USC should've stayed at 4. Punishing a team because their Heisman candidate QB got hurt in a bonus game that they earned and Ohio State didn't have to play in is a bad look, but I digress. The silver lining is Georgia will most likely murder the Suckeyes. 

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I think there will still be quite a bit of roster turnover at Colorado due to the influx of elevated talent Deion will bring in. 

I agree, but it may take a protracted amount of time for many of the current team to figure out they don't fit into the long-range team plan (just like at Akron).

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Hope you didn't bet the farm. 

Ohio State vs. Georgia

TCU vs. Michigan

USC should've stayed at 4. Punishing a team because their Heisman candidate QB got hurt in a bonus game that they earned and Ohio State didn't have to play in is a bad look, but I digress. The silver lining is Georgia will most likely murder the Suckeyes. 

Your hope has come true because wagering is illegal in Ohio.

1 hour ago, LoyalZIP said:

Two of the leading finalists at Cincinnati are Sean Lewis and Mo Linguist. No, I’m not kidding. It has warped my mind for 24+ hours now and it still doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. 

Apparently Cincinnati holds beating a 2-10 Zips team in high regard.

2 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Two of the leading finalists at Cincinnati are Sean Lewis and Mo Linguist. No, I’m not kidding. It has warped my mind for 24+ hours now and it still doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. 

When you whiff on Hartline, Deion, and who knows who else, the pickings get slim - quickly. 

16 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

When you whiff on Hartline, Deion, and who knows who else, the pickings get slim - quickly. 

Bingo. Historically bad program with bad facilities. It's amazing what Luke Fickle did there. 

They settled for some bum that used to be the DC at OSU. Cincinnati is finished. 

8 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

The guy that had Louisville ranked this year isn't much of an improvement over Kent's coach? Lol

They were, what, #25? Barely ranked, and they lost to Boston College. Their ranked wins came against teams that were struggling at the time - Wake Forest and NC State, who lost its QB earlier this year and was never the same. They also just lost to Kentucky, who had lost 2 in a row, one of them being to Vandy. He is in his 4th year are Louisville, and has regressed each year pretty much.

Ironically, Louisville faces Cincy in the Wasabi Fenway Bowl.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

11 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Okay and Lewis is 24-31 at Kent.

Can't compare records. 2-3 games per year are intended to be losses at a MAC school. Louisville is the type of school that writes the checks to MAC schools - they don't have automatic losses on their schedule. Louisville fans being happy is what I figured the reaction would be. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

Rick Neuheisel was just talking about G5 schools having their own national championship. Since P5 schools are destroying college with a 12 team playoff, it may make sense. I think a G5 playoff would be more entertaining than the P5 playoff because G5 schools can't buy championships like those at the top of P5 so the match-ups will be more competitive.  

• Like 1