Game 18- PCCC

6 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

I like Tavari getting minutes here. Thornton and Scott may have a safer floor right now but I believe Tavari has the highest ceiling of the three.

Yeah, he's not playing perfect but I'm liking his energy and he's doing some good things.

Edited by LZIp

2 minutes ago, UAZippers said:

I was saying the same thing as the announcer was saying it. Zips offense has fallen apart (luckily the defense is still out of this world). Freeman needs to demand the ball and make something happen.

They're committing 2-3 guys to him on defense every single time down the court. If that's not what a star does, then I don't know. 

14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Announcer: "The next part of Freeman's game that I'm looking for is for him to act like a star and force the action a little bit more."

He leads the country in rebounds per game and double doubles, and Akron is up by 18. Pipe down, moron.

3 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

They're committing 2-3 guys to him on defense every single time down the court. If that's not what a star does, then I don't know. 

Trust me, I love Enrique as much as anybody else on here. 3 out of the 4 other Zips on the court have been putrid offensively and Freeman has still been fairly passive on offense this half. Payton has even been off the court for much more time than we could have possibly hoped. He needs to be willing to take on the double team and fight through it if we want to start scoring again. We can't continue to rely on step back threes from Ali being the only offense for minutes at a time. Zips had 31 points with 7 minutes remaining. They have 36 at the half with only 1 made shot in that time.