Game 18- PCCC

5 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

You could play that game 100 times, and I’m not sure how many times Akron wins. No Tribble, foul trouble for the remaining guards, Kent gets hot late. Man, excruciating but awesome to finish the job. 

💯

12 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'm all for Groce picking up a monetary sanction from the MAC for post-game comments about the refs and the chicken$h!+ technical calls.  I'll start the GoFundme for us all to contribute to pay it.

Two of the worst T's I've ever seen. It's a rivalry game with cockiness on both sides. Let the kids celebrate. Nothing crossed the line. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'm all for Groce picking up a monetary sanction from the MAC for post-game comments about the refs and the chicken$h!+ technical calls.  I'll start the GoFundme for us all to contribute to pay it.

So what did Groce say ....

Beyond stressful.  Only had to watch the Bradley/SIU game the other night to know that no lead is safe.  Zips have had slow first half and kill in 2nd.  I thought it may be harder for them to hold on to a big lead as opposed to pulling away from a close game.  nice long weekend for them.  I for one dislike OU more than Kent even though @clarkwgriswold refers to Boals as "our friend."

Edited by NWAkron

Groce would have gotten one himself late if the officiating crew wasn't aware of how terrible they were. The tall pretty boy who spent probably 2 hours on his hair, Luke Schumer, is a low tier Horizon League ref. Dreadful night for him, but he still gets the $2,500 game check plus expenses. Stupid game.

• Like 2

All I can think of is when that entire PCCC team, staff, parents all had to walk by me on that plane with my white new A hat on when we had sat for 1 hr at Hopkins with me staring them down. Just hope one of them remembers that tonight, as they cry themselves to sleep.

22 minutes ago, tomzip said:

All I can think of is when that entire PCCC team, staff, parents all had to walk by me on that plane with my white new A hat on when we had sat for 1 hr at Hopkins with me staring them down. Just hope one of them remembers that tonight, as they cry themselves to sleep.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Probably not much brain capacity left to think about you after "Left foot, right foot, breathe... left foot, right foot... left foot, right foot... wait, breathe breathe!"