Let'sGoZips94 Posted August 31 Report Posted August 31 2 hours ago, kreed5120 said: Road game at Bucknell is an odd choice. Historically that's the type of team we have bought home games from in the past. Maybe there's some method to the madness of testing ourselves on the road vs. a team we should be. So often our non-MAC road games are with teams on par or a step above us and we're trying to do two things at once - beat a competitive team AND learn how to win on the road. 2 Quote
kreed5120 Posted August 31 Report Posted August 31 40 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said: Maybe there's some method to the madness of testing ourselves on the road vs. a team we should be. So often our non-MAC road games are with teams on par or a step above us and we're trying to do two things at once - beat a competitive team AND learn how to win on the road. Honestly, I wasn't disappointed by it. It just jumped out to me. The alternative would likely be paying a Bucknell caliber team ~$70K to come to the JAR, which wouldn't really excite me anyways. I suppose it's just an extra $70K we can spend elsewhere. Quote
csims0917 Posted August 31 Report Posted August 31 3 hours ago, kreed5120 said: Road game at Bucknell is an odd choice. Historically that's the type of team we have bought home games from in the past. I think we scheduled a Home-Away-Home 3 year deal with them Quote
kreed5120 Posted September 7 Report Posted September 7 One has to begin to wonder if Akron is just waiting until the golf outing at this point to release the schedule. Seems weird they haven't announced it by now. 1 Quote
ZipsFan31 Posted September 12 Report Posted September 12 Just renewed my season tickets. I was holding out for the schedule release. It has to be any day now. I think the 22 game MAC schedule really helps the season ticket holder Quote
kreed5120 Posted September 15 Report Posted September 15 Just now, Zippy87 said: Will we ever get a schedule? I said a week or so ago my best guess is they will just wait until the golf outing. Considering it's just 1 week away now that is seeming more and more likely. Quote
NWAkron Posted September 15 Report Posted September 15 32 minutes ago, kreed5120 said: I said a week or so ago my best guess is they will just wait until the golf outing. Considering it's just 1 week away now that is seeming more and more likely. What's the connection to the golf outing? Quote
kreed5120 Posted September 15 Report Posted September 15 18 minutes ago, NWAkron said: What's the connection to the golf outing? Just speculation on my part since it's a booster event tied to the basketball program. I have no inside sources. Quote
zippy5 Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 On 9/15/2026 at 2:09 PM, Zippy87 said: Will we ever get a schedule? Yes Quote
NWAkron Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 want us to blindly commit to season tickets Quote
kreed5120 Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 Yes, I know I've been holding off buying tickets as I'm eager to wait to see which days we're hosting Bethune-Cookman, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, or Mississippi Valley State /s 2 Quote
Let'sGoZips94 Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 1 hour ago, kreed5120 said: Yes, I know I've been holding off buying tickets as I'm eager to wait to see which days we're hosting Bethune-Cookman, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, or Mississippi Valley State /s Can I interest you in Muskingum (11/9), West Virginia Tech (11/20), and Frostburg State (12/13)? Not sure how many open slots are left for games. 3 are being occupied by non-DI which I (queue Grinch voice) LOATHE ENTIRELY. 1 Quote
kreed5120 Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 (edited) 6 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said: Can I interest you in Muskingum (11/9), West Virginia Tech (11/20), and Frostburg State (12/13)? Not sure how many open slots are left for games. 3 are being occupied by non-DI which I (queue Grinch voice) LOATHE ENTIRELY. No Malone this year? I'm definitely not renewing now. Edit: If those are actual then I believe Tulane and whichever Sun Belt school we end up matching with will be the only 2 other OOC home games. Dates I believe are already available for both. I'm just too lazy to dig for them. Edited September 17 by kreed5120 Quote
Let'sGoZips94 Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 14 minutes ago, kreed5120 said: No Malone this year? I'm definitely not renewing now. Edit: If those are actual then I believe Tulane and whichever Sun Belt school we end up matching with will be the only 2 other OOC home games. Dates I believe are already available for both. I'm just too lazy to dig for them. Here you go. Quote
blueandgold Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 7 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said: Here you go. I don't like this schedule. Quote
kreed5120 Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 21 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said: Here you go. I want to give this a like, but that OOC schedule is a Miami (OH) level of bad. 1 1 Quote
NWAkron Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 "Amazes" me that no school wants to play Akron, a team that hasn't one an important game outside of the MAC in what? Never! Quote
Blue & Gold Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 Still waiting on our Big East soccer bros to throw us some bones Quote
NWAkron Posted September 17 Report Posted September 17 1 hour ago, kreed5120 said: I want to give this a like, but that OOC schedule is a Miami (OH) level of bad. And look at the publicity Miami received for that schedule. Quote
ZippyRulz Posted September 18 Report Posted September 18 22 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said: Can I interest you in Muskingum (11/9), West Virginia Tech (11/20), and Frostburg State (12/13)? Not sure how many open slots are left for games. 3 are being occupied by non-DI which I (queue Grinch voice) LOATHE ENTIRELY. Those will be some good games for Dustin to get his HC legs under him before MAC play begins. Quote
ZipsBurgh Posted Thursday at 09:39 PM Report Posted Thursday at 09:39 PM (edited) They must be somewhat confident Evan will get cleared if they are using him in the schedule release. Edited Thursday at 09:47 PM by ZipsBurgh Quote
csims0917 Posted Thursday at 09:55 PM Report Posted Thursday at 09:55 PM This is why I didn’t like shrinking the OOC. It didn’t remove the naia games but just removed the good games. 1 Quote
lance99 Posted Friday at 11:16 AM Report Posted Friday at 11:16 AM On 9/17/2026 at 11:22 AM, kreed5120 said: Yes, I know I've been holding off buying tickets as I'm eager to wait to see which days we're hosting Bethune-Cookman, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, or Mississippi Valley State /s That's a Meh lineup, but do you want to play the Gauntlet That Mississippi Valley State is playing this year? Playing us this year would be a Day off for them! Quote
kreed5120 Posted Friday at 12:02 PM Report Posted Friday at 12:02 PM 45 minutes ago, lance99 said: That's a Meh lineup, but do you want to play the Gauntlet That Mississippi Valley State is playing this year? Playing us this year would be a Day off for them! Why would it have to be one or the other instead of something in-between? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.