Jump to content
clarkwgriswold

Game 31- PCCC- Friday at 6:30

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Nice article by GT here.  I love the human interest stories.  Too bad it's published on Tyler's Senior Night.  I would have liked to have had this insight into Tyler 2 years ago.

 

 

GT spent 2 years trying to figure out what kind of cheese Tyler is. Senior Night comes around, and the light bulb finally went on, at least a flicker - call it a "Flash" (which would semi explain what a Flash is?). 

 

Cheese, Riak, and Banks deserve a HUGE round of applause tonight. They laid the foundation for the quicker turnaround under Groce, and we owe them a HUGE thank you for coming to the University of Akron. 

 

Is it good news that LCJ isn't being honored tonight despite already graduating? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

GT spent 2 years trying to figure out what kind of cheese Tyler is. Senior Night comes around, and the light bulb finally went on, at least a flicker - call it a "Flash" (which would semi explain what a Flash is?). 

 

Cheese, Riak, and Banks deserve a HUGE round of applause tonight. They laid the foundation for the quicker turnaround under Groce, and we owe them a HUGE thank you for coming to the University of Akron. 

 

Is it good news that LCJ isn't being honored tonight despite already graduating? 

Doesn't sound like Cheese is one to open up about personal matters.  Maybe the door wasn't open to the press, and I'm sure the coaching staff has control of who speaks to the press and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Cheese, Riak, and Banks deserve a HUGE round of applause tonight. They laid the foundation for the quicker turnaround under Groce, and we owe them a HUGE thank you for coming to the University of Akron. 

 

Have we ever had a senior class more deserving of a standing ovation?

 

 

14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Is it good news that LCJ isn't being honored tonight despite already graduating? 

 

YES!

Edited by Blue & Gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Can't forum, CJ Williamson won't be playing tonight. 6'6" guard that provides decent depth for the Yellow Flickers. 

 

image.png

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the Flushes are going to follow OU's lead and go after LCJ.  I think the opposition's attack going forward is going to be to make LCJ expend as much energy as possible on the defensive end and physically D him up on the offensive end.  If he's left on a bigger player who is a scorer, he's going to get posted up a lot.  Hopefully, they'll be able to switch to Banks in those situations or their rotations when they come to help will be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

According to the Can't forum, CJ Williamson won't be playing tonight. 6'6" guard that provides decent depth for the Yellow Flickers. 

 

image.png

 

image.png

 

I am interested to see if Roberts is healed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they are certainly fired up about this game. All of two responses to the topic which was started at 6:30 this morning for a game with their biggest rival. smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDZip said:

Yes they are certainly fired up about this game. All of two responses to the topic which was started at 6:30 this morning for a game with their biggest rival. smh

 

In fairness to them their board is pretty dead. Their last game thread against BG is only on page 2. For comparison our last game thread (OU) is on page 9. All of those boards hidden on the back pages of CSNbbs are relatively dead. We along with the Bobkittens probably have the most active board. It's in part do to how captain and the mods have provided us with a very friendly user interface and that we have a good number of active content contributors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

In fairness to them their board is pretty dead.

This is Kent. There is no fair. Do or do not. 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The JAR was rocking from the get-go on Tuesday night. The best mid-week energy I've felt in that place in a long, long time.

 

Tonight is going to be an absolute blast. Can't wait for tip-off!

 

kentsux.gif

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

 

Interesting note from the Pluto article-  "Senderoff has more victories (180) than any coach in Kent history."  

 

Mr. Pinky is not PCCC's version of Larry Kehres.  He is PCCC's version of Crash Davis.  He's Steve Hawkins West.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

 

Interesting note from the Pluto article-  "Senderoff has more victories (180) than any coach in Kent history."  

 

Mr. Pinky is not PCCC's version of Larry Kehres.  He is PCCC's version of Crash Davis.  He's Steve Hawkins West.

yeah, if you stay long enough anyone can get the most victories.  have buddy who went to PCCC (and is surprisingly successful) and he mocks Sendy all the time.  Says he just needs to get those 20 wins and make a run every few years and he has a permanent job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

yeah, if you stay long enough anyone can get the most victories.  have buddy who went to PCCC (and is surprisingly successful) and he mocks Sendy all the time.  Says he just needs to get those 20 wins and make a run every few years and he has a permanent job

 

Excluding I-Coach here. He'd probably just be now closing in on 15 career wins had he stayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another small reason to get the victory tonight. In the unlikely event of full or partial conference tournament cancellations, other conferences have stated they will just send their #1 seed to the NCAA's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Another small reason to get the victory tonight. In the unlikely event of full or partial conference tournament cancellations, other conferences have stated they will just send their #1 seed to the NCAA's.

So we're Coronavirus fans over the next 4 days or so?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like just yesterday we were watching bad junior college game footage, searching for East Carolina basketball stats and wondering who the tall gangly kid on the bench was and now here we are at senior night.  Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been some changes to tournaments already. My Grad school, Johns Hopkins, is hosting the first round of the NCAA D III tournament, and will have no fans at the games this weekend at least partially because of potential coronavirus exposure at one of the schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...