Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blue & Gold

Class of '21 Verbal Commits

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, bigjim said:

This decision is another that is not good for Akron long term.  Dillon looked like a top notch player.  However, I do not think the Kent Akron game made this decision, but the opposite.  If I was watching the game, I would think that I could get on the field very early based on the pathetic Kent performance.  Let's hope he comes back.  

 

I would characterize Kent's performance as significantly better than pathetic.

I'm guessing the entire Zip's coaching staff was on the phone Wednesday attempting to convince other recruits not to jump ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

 

I would characterize Kent's performance as significantly better than pathetic.

I'm guessing the entire Zip's coaching staff was on the phone Wednesday attempting to convince other recruits not to jump ship.

 

I apologize.  My writing was wrong.  I should have said based on Akron's pathetic performance versus Kent.  Kent had an excellent performance and was in no way pathetic.  thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone's interested in watching what should be a great game and Zips commit Luke Bauer, here is the link for the game.  It costs $9.99 to watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

If anyone's interested in watching what should be a great game and Zips commit Luke Bauer, here is the link for the game.  It costs $9.99 to watch.

 

Ok, I watched the Hoban game. Very impressed with the Kirk boy that is going to Mich St. Our commit Bauer was just ok compared to other LBs.No real speed. Could be a project at DE or MLB but needs size.We could use some of those DBs they had as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, John Ward said:

Ok, I watched the Hoban game. Very impressed with the Kirk boy that is going to Mich St. Our commit Bauer was just ok compared to other LBs.No real speed. Could be a project at DE or MLB but needs size.We could use some of those DBs they had as well.

AJ Kirk had a tremendous game.  I've seen a handful of Hoban games this season and that's the best I've seen him play.  Great game from him. (Btw, Kirk is Mike Doss' brother.)

 

On the line Darryl Peterson is Hoban's best and he was the best last night as well.  He really dominated whomever he played over.  Darryl is a Wisconsin commit, and another "Did You Know?," is the son of former Zips basketball great Darryl Peterson. (I am getting old 😕 )

 

Hoban uses Luke Bauer as a DE/outside linebacker - sort of how the Zips are using Ryan McClain.  Luke generally lines up in the 2-technique on the line at the DE position - usually on the left it seems.  He was matched up all night with Massillon RT Terrance Rankl, whom is a Pitt commit.  Rankl's the real deal at 6'5" 290.  I thought the matchup was a draw.  Rankl didn't allow Bauer any sacks last night (though I saw at least 2 plays where holding could have been called and Bauer was in on a couple group sacks).  Also, Massillon was never able to simply run behind Rankl like they pretty much have all season and Bauer made a few plays behind the LOS.  So we'll see.  He's already got a full-grown-man's body at 6'1", 245 and I'm glad he's going to be a Zip.

 

The Zips have also offered Kharion Davis, whom I believe was named Game MVP.   Could Kharion be the lockdown corner we so desperately need?  He shut down OSU commit Jayden Ballard last night (though the best pass defense is a good pass rush and that's what we saw last night.)  Covering Ballard one-on-one, Kharion was step-for-step with Ballard and then aggressively cut through Ballard's body for a big INT at Hoban's 10-ish yard line.  He outfought Ballard for the ball... but that's not really saying much; Ballard is extremely athletic but awfully soft.  Hopefully the Zips can land Kharion!  

 

Coach Arth should become best friends with Hoban's Coach Terrell. Lol.  (And, while he's at it, with Massillon's Nate Moore as well; loads of talent on both teams - though a few of Massillon's best players this year were from... wait for it... Buchtel!  Lol.  What's up with that?!) Go Zips!

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

If anyone's interested in watching what should be a great game and Zips commit Luke Bauer, here is the link for the game.  It costs $9.99 to watch.

 

 

If anyone is interested, the game is now available to watch free of charge.  Link should still work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

AJ Kirk had a tremendous game.  I've seen a handful of Hoban games this season and that's the best I've seen him play.  Great game from him. (Btw, Kirk is Mike Doss' brother.)

 

On the line Darryl Peterson is Hoban's best and he was the best last night as well.  He really dominated whomever he played over.  Darryl is a Wisconsin commit, and another "Did You Know?," is the son of former Zips basketball great Darryl Peterson. (I am getting old 😕 )

 

Hoban uses Luke Bauer as a DE/outside linebacker - sort of how the Zips are using Ryan McClain.  Luke generally lines up in the 2-technique on the line at the DE position - usually on the left it seems.  He was matched up all night with Massillon RT Terrance Rankl, whom is a Pitt commit.  Rankl's the real deal at 6'5" 290.  I thought the matchup was a draw.  Rankl didn't allow Bauer any sacks last night (though I saw at least 2 plays where holding could have been called and Bauer was in on a couple group sacks).  Also, Massillon was never able to simply run behind Rankl like they pretty much have all season and Bauer made a few plays behind the LOS.  So we'll see.  He's already got a full-grown-man's body at 6'1", 245 and I'm glad he's going to be a Zip.

 

The Zips have also offered Kharion Davis, whom I believe was named Game MVP.   Could Kharion be the lockdown corner we so desperately need?  He shut down OSU commit Jayden Ballard last night (though the best pass defense is a good pass rush and that's what we saw last night.)  Covering Ballard one-on-one, Kharion was step-for-step with Ballard and then aggressively cut through Ballard's body for a big INT at Hoban's 10-ish yard line.  He outfought Ballard for the ball... but that's not really saying much; Ballard is extremely athletic but awfully soft.  Hopefully the Zips can land Kharion!  

 

Coach Arth should become best friends with Hoban's Coach Terrell. Lol.  (And, while he's at it, with Massillon's Nate Moore as well; loads of talent on both teams - though a few of Massillon's best players this year were from... wait for it... Buchtel!  Lol.  What's up with that?!) Go Zips!

Yeah until you control the private school recruiting this will keep happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

AJ Kirk had a tremendous game.  I've seen a handful of Hoban games this season and that's the best I've seen him play.  Great game from him. (Btw, Kirk is Mike Doss' brother.)

 

On the line Darryl Peterson is Hoban's best and he was the best last night as well.  He really dominated whomever he played over.  Darryl is a Wisconsin commit, and another "Did You Know?," is the son of former Zips basketball great Darryl Peterson. (I am getting old 😕 )

 

Hoban uses Luke Bauer as a DE/outside linebacker - sort of how the Zips are using Ryan McClain.  Luke generally lines up in the 2-technique on the line at the DE position - usually on the left it seems.  He was matched up all night with Massillon RT Terrance Rankl, whom is a Pitt commit.  Rankl's the real deal at 6'5" 290.  I thought the matchup was a draw.  Rankl didn't allow Bauer any sacks last night (though I saw at least 2 plays where holding could have been called and Bauer was in on a couple group sacks).  Also, Massillon was never able to simply run behind Rankl like they pretty much have all season and Bauer made a few plays behind the LOS.  So we'll see.  He's already got a full-grown-man's body at 6'1", 245 and I'm glad he's going to be a Zip.

 

The Zips have also offered Kharion Davis, whom I believe was named Game MVP.   Could Kharion be the lockdown corner we so desperately need?  He shut down OSU commit Jayden Ballard last night (though the best pass defense is a good pass rush and that's what we saw last night.)  Covering Ballard one-on-one, Kharion was step-for-step with Ballard and then aggressively cut through Ballard's body for a big INT at Hoban's 10-ish yard line.  He outfought Ballard for the ball... but that's not really saying much; Ballard is extremely athletic but awfully soft.  Hopefully the Zips can land Kharion!  

 

Coach Arth should become best friends with Hoban's Coach Terrell. Lol.  (And, while he's at it, with Massillon's Nate Moore as well; loads of talent on both teams - though a few of Massillon's best players this year were from... wait for it... Buchtel!  Lol.  What's up with that?!) Go Zips!

 I watched the game too and was very impressed. I've seen Hoban play about 10 times in the last 3 years. There is great talent there and I hope Arth can get some of them to stay home and help rebuild the Zips. I'm most impressed with coach Terrell. He has always had his team prepared in each game I've seen. I've never seen him out-coached. He develops players. His play calling stands out as unpredictable, creative and able to take advantage of what the D gives you. In other words the complete opposite of Milwee (I'm still deeply scarred and get nightmares thinking of his offense). I would love to see Arth add Terrell to his staff and further build a relationship with NE Ohio H.S. programs. With his success he would help build a consistent culture of winning at Akron, something we sorely lack.

 

Luke Bauer will find a place on the field and I hope Kharion Davis joins him in the Akron colors. I like their kicker too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

AJ Kirk had a tremendous game.  I've seen a handful of Hoban games this season and that's the best I've seen him play.  Great game from him. (Btw, Kirk is Mike Doss' brother.)

 

On the line Darryl Peterson is Hoban's best and he was the best last night as well.  He really dominated whomever he played over.  Darryl is a Wisconsin commit, and another "Did You Know?," is the son of former Zips basketball great Darryl Peterson. (I am getting old 😕 )

 

Hoban uses Luke Bauer as a DE/outside linebacker - sort of how the Zips are using Ryan McClain.  Luke generally lines up in the 2-technique on the line at the DE position - usually on the left it seems.  He was matched up all night with Massillon RT Terrance Rankl, whom is a Pitt commit.  Rankl's the real deal at 6'5" 290.  I thought the matchup was a draw.  Rankl didn't allow Bauer any sacks last night (though I saw at least 2 plays where holding could have been called and Bauer was in on a couple group sacks).  Also, Massillon was never able to simply run behind Rankl like they pretty much have all season and Bauer made a few plays behind the LOS.  So we'll see.  He's already got a full-grown-man's body at 6'1", 245 and I'm glad he's going to be a Zip.

 

The Zips have also offered Kharion Davis, whom I believe was named Game MVP.   Could Kharion be the lockdown corner we so desperately need?  He shut down OSU commit Jayden Ballard last night (though the best pass defense is a good pass rush and that's what we saw last night.)  Covering Ballard one-on-one, Kharion was step-for-step with Ballard and then aggressively cut through Ballard's body for a big INT at Hoban's 10-ish yard line.  He outfought Ballard for the ball... but that's not really saying much; Ballard is extremely athletic but awfully soft.  Hopefully the Zips can land Kharion!  

 

Coach Arth should become best friends with Hoban's Coach Terrell. Lol.  (And, while he's at it, with Massillon's Nate Moore as well; loads of talent on both teams - though a few of Massillon's best players this year were from... wait for it... Buchtel!  Lol.  What's up with that?!) Go Zips!

 

Coincidentally, Kirk was able to make some plays, rushing off of the corner unimpeded because Bauer was giving that tackle all he could handle.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...