Jump to content

zipsfan33

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zipsfan33

  1. I got an email from Zippy last week saying she was going to send me an email as soon as it was made official... Personally that is a lot more exciting to me than hearing it from our D of A!!!
  2. Does anyone ever think that just maybe he wouldn't want to come back here? The posts are always about waiting for him... he will get a raise at Wayne after this season.... I'm not certain he is "gung ho" about coming back to a place that he has been snubbed before.
  3. Back to the picture of Zippy... I agree with him and his gestures!
  4. I know he was originally signed by the browns after he graduated...I was moreso reffereing to last week when he was available and Browns lost Fujita... but they lost out originally thats for sure! Maybe the Browns will go after Hixson since he is oft-injured... they they are always trying to find lightning in a bottle. Hmmm come to think of it maybe the Indians will sign him...
  5. He had a good game... I personally wish the Browns woulda looked at him... Anything to spice up what I have to watch every Sunday!!!
  6. That was in '09 I am sure the price will go up this time around. My question is... if you post a job opening and get applicants... why is it necessary to do a national search? If we are to believe TW, he said somewhere recently that there are many interested in the job.
  7. I like the way Owens looked... I wish we were at InfoCision for his reign!
  8. I know the players favorite current coach was Frisman Jackson! I think I have read some negative comments about him on here, but I do know they loved him!
  9. Can't say I am a fan... Have you seen his special teams play???
  10. What a shame... He could have been so good... I remember all the hype when he was starting... then he got suspended for the BGSUcks game and that was about the end of that and the start of the Carlton project.
  11. I knew I would get comments to this... I am a two time alum and season ticket holder for 20+ years so I know what we can get. I guess I meant to say was with the regime that we just suffered through we could have gotten the highest recruits out there and it might not have mattered. Maybe he could recruit guys... but recruiting and on field performance are two different things. I was impressed with a few of his freshmen that played this year... Johnny Robinson sticks out in my mind. But finding a new coach that is going to associate with the fans, bring excitement to campus and show improvements are a must. I love the Zips and if they were 0-12 for 10 years I'd still be there... but you better believe I would resort to boooing land yelling like I had to do this year, unfortunatly.
  12. I hate to say this... but Akron didn't usually get the best recruits anyway, so how bad can it really hurt?
  13. Boy, this is fun isn't?
  14. Can we let Frisman coach Friday? I joined... I truly wanted to give him 3 years... but we can't afford it. My best friend said after Saturdays 40 point loss that he was done. My dad used to have 2 full rows of season tickets at the Rubber Bowl. As of next year its down to 2 seats and he doesn't even go anymore!!! I don't know how much longer I can take this... I am a lifelonger...
  15. Its all gonna be OK Zips fans... I heard Coach Ianello say on Zips Live that, " I promise better days are ahead for Zips players and fans!" Woo Hoo I feel a lot better now!
  16. Good luck on that one! Let us know what you hear!
  17. Yeah you have a strong point there!
  18. I want to know where they dug up those announcers? I understand they are not gonna send the #1 unit to Oxford, but come on they were actually giving excuses for our poor, poor pitiful team!
  19. When is the last time Akron beat Ohio? I know its been a number of years!
  20. I was at OSU and I have seen Chisholm both times at home... I am impressed with him so far. I hope he keeps it up, but I have a feeling like all other backs...he will wear down and be average... or worse!
  21. Bless you my son for allowing those middle school students to witness some of the worst football on the face of this planet. I can see the look on their faces now...and think of all the memories this game will produce for the kids to take with them forever.
  22. I'll be tailgating in the Varsity A tent... I haven never done any real tailgating sadly! I hope the tent will be there this year!
  23. Ok fellas, I have to chime in... I have been attending Akron games for years... (1986) I know a lot of you have already made the decision that Icoach is the worst coach ever... but, lets remember he was not taking over a team rich in talent. We have to give him at least 3 years to see if anything positive happens. I was at the OSU game and while I could see they were playing conservatively, I was not overly disappointed in the team...especially the defense. They were constantly hitting Bauserman and if they weren't on the field for 3/4 of the game could have really made a difference. If anyone thinks had we gone for the 1st down instead of punting it was going to make a difference is crazy. OSU and many other programs ares so much ahead of Akron right now it isn't funny, but I know one thing... I was proud to see the D getting off the ball and pressing. I can tell we are ahead of last year and getting better. Let's see what happens the rest of the way and determine from that. I'm done, thanks!
  24. The bigger story in all of this is why was Major Harris fired? He was the awesomeness that led to the Cleveland Thunderbolts sucking so many years ago!!!
  25. Could it have to do with the previos season and they were stopped 1 yard (3 feet) away from paydirt? I used to know and have forgotten through the years as well!
×
×
  • Create New...