Ticket sales for Syracuse

Zipgrad01

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZipsNation Winning Prediction Rules -- "Closest Without Going Over"

Bob_Barker_on_set.jpg

Bob Barker is great. He used to have sex with the girls who display the products. That's freaking awesome.

Sigma Nu

I don't think I can get away with the $1 bid here so...

24,799 (actual butts in seats)

I hope you guys with your 24K+ predictions are correct, but I am fearful that the new Center for the History of Psychology will be open during the game and draw some of the football crowd away. I especially enjoyed the shock box exhibit. I have warned Center officials to keep dreal away from "the inflatable "Bobo" doll. GO ZIPS

I hope you guys with your 24K+ predictions are correct, but I am fearful that the new Center for the History of Psychology will be open during the game and draw some of the football crowd away. I especially enjoyed the shock box exhibit. I have warned Center officials to keep dreal away from "the inflatable "Bobo" doll. GO ZIPS

Nice! :cheers:

Well i can tell you all that it's hard to get people into the stadium when they cant buy tickets. I had a friend who just tried to call and buy tickets at 3pm on a friday afternoon and he got the answering machine at the ticket office.

Great job UA.

I've called a few times today and they were great. Adam helped me out with a parking pass. Should I buy a parking pass for Lot 8 (the only good lot left) or should I just stick to 34?

A birdie in the ticket office told me they have sold a little over 7,000 tickets for the game. That does not include students, but does include season ticket holders. We need: 1) the students to come out in droves, 2) SU to bring a ton of fans who don't have tickets and 3) a big walk up from the local fans. I never thought I'd see the day that Can't would outdraw us in any game. Please let it not be so. :screwks:

A birdie in the ticket office told me they have sold a little over 7,000 tickets for the game. That does not include students, but does include season ticket holders. We need: 1) the students to come out in droves, 2) SU to bring a ton of fans who don't have tickets and 3) a big walk up from the local fans. I never thought I'd see the day that Can't would outdraw us in any game. Please let it not be so. :screwks:

7,000 pre-sale tickets for the 'Cuse game?!?! That's AWFUL!!!

Today I was downtown having lunch w/ a friend and I mentioned I was going to the game tomorrow.

"What game?" she asked.

"The Akron game," I said.

Blank stare.

"Akron's playing Syracuse tomorrow!"

"Oh... I didn't know anything about it." :wall:

Oh, well. It's our own d@mn fault. We don't win. People don't care to follow losers. We need to win.

However (on my soapbox again), I'll bet the Cleveland media hasn't been pimping either the 'Cuse game or the Zips in general, have they? What? No regular Zips' updates during the 6:00 evening news? Screw off, Cleveland. You suck. Go burn & fall off into the lake.

But anyway, it's our own fault. We put together a few winning seasons w/ bowl appearances & people will care. If not, they won't. Look @ the Cleveland Indians. When they were winning it was hard to get a ticket (not that I tried). But any more they draw fewer people than the Zips do. Gotta win, baby.

I get just as frustrated as you do, but can you blame the people in NE Ohio for being oblivious to us? We don't win and they are DYING to grasp any program that wins, hence, the Steelers and OSU Factor. It's easier to stand at the water cooler and dish out crap each week than to take it. I like to attribute it to the fact that Zips fans have a higher self esteem and don't need to prop up their ego. We just need to start winning, that is it. Of course, much easier said than done.

Did anybody else get a letter in the mail from the Athletic Dept highlighting the recent accomplishments of the Athletic teams? I'm always excited to get anything from the AD, but in it they ask us bring as many people to the game to sell tickets. I have to say, I've been trying this for the past 10 years, and I'm pretty sure ever other Zips Fans has been doing the same. I hope this isn't the main push to sell more tickets because, we've been doing this for years and you see the results. So far I haven't been overly impressed with the marketing effort....

Oh, well. It's our own d@mn fault. We don't win. People don't care to follow losers. We need to win.

However (on my soapbox again), I'll bet the Cleveland media hasn't been pimping either the 'Cuse game or the Zips in general, have they? What? No regular Zips' updates during the 6:00 evening news? Screw off, Cleveland. You suck. Go burn & fall off into the lake.

It is our fault. We spent years blaming the local media. Give the Cleveland media something worth covering and they will cover it. They need to draw and audience just like we do. They aren't going to draw an audience covering losers and we aren't going to draw an audience until we win. It's simple.

Did anybody else get a letter in the mail from the Athletic Dept highlighting the recent accomplishments of the Athletic teams? I'm always excited to get anything from the AD, but in it they ask us bring as many people to the game to sell tickets. I have to say, I've been trying this for the past 10 years, and I'm pretty sure ever other Zips Fans has been doing the same. I hope this isn't the main push to sell more tickets because, we've been doing this for years and you see the results. So far I haven't been overly impressed with the marketing effort....

Yup.. got the letter too.... sent to alumni..... the day before the game.. .brilliant --- people plan weekends in advance... not 24 hrs before....

My excitement for today dropped about 50% after reading this. I hope your birdie is wrong. I have 2 new people coming today that have never been to UA games. It will be embarrassing if we are playing Syracuse in front of 10,000 people.

I so badly wanted to be wrong about my lower-than-most-people predictions about attendance today. I actually let some of you folks talk me into guessing a little higher than I wanted to. I was hopeful. I just have way too much history with this football program, and have had a bad feeling all along about how the general public was going to respond to the first home game the year AFTER the opening of the stadium.

The truth is, those of us diehards are a small bunch. We need a lot more people like ourselves before all of this is going to change in any significant way. We'll continue to debate on this site about what it will take to make that happen. But, it's going to take something....and something BIG.

I still hope, much like all of you, that Syracuse can bring a HUGE visiting crowd. I think that's our only hope of having anything close to a big-time college football atmosphere at the Info today.

But, that still won't dampen my anticipation of some great tailgating :CK_brew:

I just got back from Giant Eagle on Howe. I saw about 20 syracuse fans stocking up on tailgating supplies. I was also approached by three people while I was there to talk about tailgating at the game today. My zips hat and sweatshirt drew some attention. There is excitement out there and we are not the only fans. GO ZIPS!

C'mon Zips fans, how many games have you guys been to? Nobody buys tickets presale for Akron football games, because everyone knows they don't sell out, so there's no sense in making two trips to campus, one to buy and one to come to the game. The ticket windows before the games are always packed because that's when people buy their tickets. 7k presale is way above average, believe it or not. Night game, new coach, recognizable opponent... I'll say 20k.

C'mon Zips fans, how many games have you guys been to? Nobody buys tickets presale for Akron football games, because everyone knows they don't sell out, so there's no sense in making two trips to campus, one to buy and one to come to the game. The ticket windows before the games are always packed because that's when people buy their tickets. 7k presale is way above average, believe it or not. Night game, new coach, recognizable opponent... I'll say 20k.

I hate paying the ticketmaster fees on presale tickets. We have about 5 people in our group (give or take the girls afraid of rain and cold) that will buy tickts today. The fees are crazy just to be able to walk over to the will call window.

According to Ticket Master there are only single seat reserved seats left (no pairs, no triples), and the Best Available Priority Reserved is 210 Row 22 seats 20-21.

This accounts for roughly 10,000 of the 27,000 seats in the stadium.

So us breaking the 20,000 barrier is really on the students.

Did you factor in GA? UofA has always done pretty well with walk up sales as well.

Another factor playing into good ticket sales is tOSU played last night. Like it or not, it does impact attendance. I went to a football game myself (USC vs S. Miss) and it really got me in the mood to go to another game. I'm already looking forward to going to the Duke vs. Wake game next Satruday just to watch another game. Watching football makes a fan want to go to a game or go to another game. Without a tOSU game Saturday, I believe there will be a lot of people who reengergized their football spirit last night and will be looking to go to a game.

It's Lab Day weekend. No NFL. No tOSU. School has statred so there are no trips to the beach. It's Saturday night and HS games are over including JV games. There are no interesting college games on TV Saturday (evidence....Arizona vs. Toledo is the ESPN prime time game). There is really nothing of note going on in NE Ohio. 20,000 minimum should be expected. I don't expect the Zips to win, but if they did in front of a big crowd over a Big East team, it would do wonders. Heck, just play well and be entertaining and a loss wouldn't kill the interest in the season. Don't suck!!!

All of this assumes that people even knew that there was a game happening that they could go to. From what I've seen, that's not really the case.

According to Ticket Master there are only single seat reserved seats left (no pairs, no triples), and the Best Available Priority Reserved is 210 Row 22 seats 20-21.

This accounts for roughly 10,000 of the 27,000 seats in the stadium.

So us breaking the 20,000 barrier is really on the students.

Did you factor in GA? UofA has always done pretty well with walk up sales as well.

Another factor playing into good ticket sales is tOSU played last night. Like it or not, it does impact attendance. I went to a football game myself (USC vs S. Miss) and it really got me in the mood to go to another game. I'm already looking forward to going to the Duke vs. Wake game next Satruday just to watch another game. Watching football makes a fan want to go to a game or go to another game. Without a tOSU game Saturday, I believe there will be a lot of people who reengergized their football spirit last night and will be looking to go to a game.

It's Lab Day weekend. No NFL. No tOSU. School has statred so there are no trips to the beach. It's Saturday night and HS games are over including JV games. There are no interesting college games on TV Saturday (evidence....Arizona vs. Toledo is the ESPN prime time game). There is really nothing of note going on in NE Ohio. 20,000 minimum should be expected. I don't expect the Zips to win, but if they did in front of a big crowd over a Big East team, it would do wonders. Heck, just play well and be entertaining and a loss wouldn't kill the interest in the season. Don't suck!!!

All of this assumes that people even knew that there was a game happening that they could go to. From what I've seen, that's not really the case.

2 separate neighbors from two separate houses on my road have asked today why there are a dozen of us drinking on the porch and the yard. Had to explain that we have a football game. They both go to Akron and we are a block or two from campus . I'm not surprised.

The problem is simple:

1) Only die-hard Zips fans/students are excited for Zips football. They have four straight losing seasons, going 17-31 over that span. Last year was the worst, at 3-9.

2) $25 for a general admission ticket is ridiculous with the current state of the program, especially when Can't State is selling tickets for $5...and before we say it's because Can't sucks, their record, as much as it pains me to say, is better - 18-30 - over the past four. As much as I love Akron athletics, $50 is a lot for me and my wife to spend, especially when it's for GA.

The problem is simple:

1) Only die-hard Zips fans/students are excited for Zips football. They have four straight losing seasons, going 17-31 over that span. Last year was the worst, at 3-9.

2) $25 for a general admission ticket is ridiculous with the current state of the program, especially when Can't State is selling tickets for $5...and before we say it's because Can't sucks, their record, as much as it pains me to say, is better - 18-30 - over the past four. As much as I love Akron athletics, $50 is a lot for me and my wife to spend, especially when it's for GA.

$20 for ga usually $15