Talking Tressel

bobbyake

Doesn't seem unusual to me that there'd be a team meeting today.

Me neither. This is as soon as they could have it given the holiday and all.

Remember guys, there isn't a single respected (ABJ, PD, Dispatch, etc.) media outlet in the state reporting Tressel is even interested in coaching Akron. The reports I believe are about him assisting in the search.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are so sure Tressel will not be hired, would you be willing to commit to wearing K-ent State clothing for a week as punishment if you are wrong (since you obviously won't be wrong)? I'm not saying I believe it, but many are dismissing it out of hand. How sure are you?

If Tressel signed on with Akron, you'd get more media coverage in a week than all of the previous two years combined.

Remember guys, there isn't a single respected (ABJ, PD, Dispatch, etc.) media outlet in the state reporting Tressel is even interested in coaching Akron. The reports I believe are about him assisting in the search.

Some of the media knows. But they're holding off on publishing out of concern that breaking the story prematurely would disrupt the process and cause the whole thing to be called off.

You don't have to believe me. We'll all know for certain soon enough.

For those of you who are so sure Tressel will not be hired, would you be willing to commit to wearing K-ent State clothing for a week as punishment if you are wrong (since you obviously won't be wrong)? I'm not saying I believe it, but many are dismissing it out of hand. How sure are you?

If Tressel signed on with Akron, you'd get more media coverage in a week than all of the previous two years combined.

For the record, I think those with "inside sources" should quit posting for a while if he isn't hired. If he is, then they can keep bringing the info, and I'll be grateful.

Some of the media knows. But they're holding off on publishing out of concern that breaking the story prematurely would disrupt the process and cause the whole thing to be called off.

You don't have to believe me. We'll all know for certain soon enough.

Most members of the media will not agree to sit on information unless they are offered a deal, like getting exclusive information.

The earlier the announcement, the more likely it is to be Tressel. Still not guaranteed, but more signs are pointing in that direction.

I'm getting ready to head out for the WVU basketball bus trip. But I'm sure we'll all be checking our cell phones on the bus for any updates on ZN.o.

If there was an announcement today, it would certainly be Tressel:

He is available

We have known for weeks (months) that we need a coach.

The season is not over for many programs, so anyone who has a job could not commit this soon.

But I don't believe it. Akron U is simply not slick enough to have a big time coach waiting in the wings.

The football players have a team meeting scheduled later today. During that time, they will be informed who their next head coach will be.

Wow, Zach. This is a definitive statement. Are you sure? Or do you really mean to say, "The football players have a team meeting scheduled later today. During that time, they may be informed who their next head coach will be"?

I'm assuming you heard this from a player?

The earlier the announcement, the more likely it is to be Tressel. Still not guaranteed, but more signs are pointing in that direction.

I'm getting ready to head out for the WVU basketball bus trip. But I'm sure we'll all be checking our cell phones on the bus for any updates on ZN.o.

If there was an announcement today, it would certainly be Tressel:

He is available

We have known for weeks (months) that we need a coach.

The season is not over for many programs, so anyone who has a job could not commit this soon.

But I don't believe it. Akron U is simply not slick enough to have a big time coach waiting in the wings.

Ur right AKRON U isnt slick enough but THE university of akron could possibly be

The football players have a team meeting scheduled later today. During that time, they will be informed who their next head coach will be.

Wow, Zach. This is a definitive statement. Are you sure? Or do you really mean to say, "The football players have a team meeting scheduled later today. During that time, they may be informed who their next head coach will be"?

I heard captain kangaroo might have exclusive audio from the team meeting today. My sources better be right. I also think some players might have some input put.

;)

I heard captain kangaroo might have exclusive audio from the team meeting today. My sources better be right. I also think some players might have some input put.

You're PM-ing me the .wav file, right? ;)

anybody have an idea of how much money Akron has to work with?

as much as they need...i have info that the bigwigs of business in the area are involved in this search.

Search? Is that what you call it? How much of a tuition increase will it require, is what people should be asking! :rolleyes:

This is off topic, but the kid in the speedo is an embarrassment. Please, someone, tell him to stop.

+1

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for this all to sort it's self out. We can speculate, debate, and throw out "Sources" all we want but fact of the matter is no one is gonna know for sure until it happens.

Notice something similar to Tressel? btw, the anticipation is killing me, staying patient though

MG2892-L.jpg

Couldn't find him.

I got Chris Farley, Seth Rogen, and the Gungan King though.

Ha, that's not the first time I've been told I look like Seth Rogen

Who's the enormous guy front and center. I see him at every football/soccer/basketball game I attend. Obviously a loyal dude.

(I'm sure you are too - he just really stands out in a crowd!)

Who's the enormous guy front and center. I see him at every football/soccer/basketball game I attend. Obviously a loyal dude.

(I'm sure you are too - he just really stands out in a crowd!)

I think you're talking about Ian Tayek. I think he was the president of the Rowdies last year.